ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Woops & New Start (pic heavy)

Clio 1.4RT
After Rolling my RT 75 metres into a field and nearly killing myself (amazingly only broke my left hand and got cut and bruised up... dunno how....) ive been driving only the work van for 6months... like a granny i might add... definately taught me a lesson.

poor thing.....
im gonna be getting a 172 around my 19th birthday(june), gonna save up the old wages now and get one for about 2500 if i can, go 3rd party F&T
got quotes of 2k a year(which isnt too bad lol)
thought id share... lol

Clio 1.4RT
thanks mate, yeah could have been alot worse, i havent driven my own car since, so getting the 172.. even tho its a good 4months away will be niiiiiicceee.. think its worth it though. lovely motors.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
doing that.

Then getting some thing quicker at 19, seems like a bad idea to me.

No way id do it, ive had to get 3 years NCB n im 20 before even thinking about my 182.

Clio 1.4RT
sensible isnt exactly my middle name so im doing what i want to do lol, i know im a safer driver now... much safer.. so its all good
yeah i did it proper.

Clio 1.4RT
had enough of the van now :rasp:
haha gonna be a few months till my 19th anyway, aint getting it before for insurance reasons.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
lol ive also been using the works van, for about 10 weeks!

might be getting a new car very soon! BUT i'm goin from a hot hatch (172) to a warm one (prob mini cooper) i feel like i dont deserve a fast car till i get a few ncb and even more experience! and i'm a few years older then you!

just take care with the 172, coz thats alot of ££ for insurance for just 3rd party:eek:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Niiiicely done :)

Good luck with the new motor.

Dan

At least you know you'll do a proper job killing yourself in a 1*2.

Remind me never again buy a car with a sunroof. Thats a couple I've seen crashed now and it always scares me how much damage there is around the roof.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol people on here speak as if the 172 is a complete animal that no one under 21 can handle!

its a much more planted and better handling car than your old one you crashed ESP/ABS etc will do more to save your arse, and like you say you've learned your lesson, and you'll behave yourself!

i bought my 172 at 18, insured it 3rd party T&F for £2500 a year, was worth every single penny, a year later at 19 with 1yrs ncb its dropped to £1200 fully comp! still dont regret getting it last year!

ValverInBits
^^ i agree somewhat, but a 172 doesent have ESP, especially the not the ones that cost 2.5K

Lucky escape from that. Bet your glad renault were thinking about saftey even when designing the MK1!

Clio 1.4RT
yeah it was nasty ^^ safety? the airbag came out with no air! lol!
like martin said its not as nasty as everyone makes out, ive seriously learned my lesson, if you saw the road i did it on though.... its evil, 1 or 2 a day come off there my uncle lives just on the top of it, its loads of S bends raised about 8 foot above the fields and its bumpy as hell... bout 2miles long
yeah i wont regret buying it i know i wont, ive wanted one since i started driving, only reason im waiting till im 19 is to save like 700quid on the insurance lol ^^
about the sunroof... seriously.... the damage around it was seriously painful, im 6foot 4 so when the car was squashed like that i was squashed in it... sunroofs ftw!!
now i gotta find a 172 to my liking before my 19th.. i think i want a silver one so shouldnt be too difficult atall.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
so thats the 2nd one you have crashed?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212910

/carl
certainly is :p that one was complete bulls**t anyway.... came round a bend look infront of me and some old polish dude doing like 30 in a 60 zone, sure it "my fault" but whatever

so it was ok to write it off as it was 'complete bullshit' ? and you didnt learn from that crash? 2 crashes in 2 years isnt good reading im afraid mate :( and im sure the insurance quote will reflect that.

/carl

LY 182
At least you know you'll do a proper job killing yourself in a 1*2.

Remind me never again buy a car with a sunroof. Thats a couple I've seen crashed now and it always scares me how much damage there is around the roof.
i'd actually say the sunroofed cars have more strength in the roof
if you think about it all the sunroof is going to be replaced with is a bit of sheet steel which is flimsy as you like
sunroof ones have support to physically hold the thing in

Turbo LY R27
yeah its definately alot, oh ill take care of it, ill be the only 172 driving round like a granny!!

Yeah right! lol Your 18 nearly 19? Your still gonna drive like a tit! lol How are you gonna drive safer those clio rt pics look like you rolled it off a cliff! You parents must be insane to let you into a 2.0, Im gonna stay away from you on the roads!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
yeah its definately alot, oh ill take care of it, ill be the only 172 driving round like a granny!!

Yeah right! lol Your 18 nearly 19? Your still gonna drive like a tit! lol How are you gonna drive safer those clio rt pics look like you rolled it off a cliff! You parents must be insane to let you into a 2.0, Im gonna stay away from you on the roads!

just because he's young doesnt mean he will drive like a tit :nono: but after crashing two cars in two years i believe nothing will change :rasp:

/carl

Turbo LY R27
so thats the 2nd one you have crashed?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212910

/carl
certainly is :p that one was complete bulls**t anyway.... came round a bend look infront of me and some old polish dude doing like 30 in a 60 zone, sure it "my fault" but whatever

I cant stand little turds like you. Whatever?? That first crash you had was a perfect example of how your supposed to judge the roads and just because it says 60 dont actually mean you have to do it. Sounds like you hit him on a blind bend or something coz if it was anywhere else and you were doin 60 and he was doin 30 you would easily have enough time to stop? To be honest it sounds like a 1.4 is plenty for you mate....IMO

Turbo LY R27

just because he's young doesnt mean he will drive like a tit :nono: but after crashing two cars in two years i believe nothing will change :rasp:

/carl

Well thats my point mate?:rolleyes:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

/carl

Well thats my point mate?:rolleyes:

yeah indeed mate but it did sound like you were catagorising all young drivers when infact not all of us drive around like a tool like this guy is obviously doing

/carl

Turbo LY R27
I know not everone was mate, im sorry if it looked like that. But this guy just should be put down IMO. He has written off 2 cars? If he didnt learn the first time he will never learn. With a bit of luck, justice will prevail and he will get nicked for speedin and loose his licence which sounds like a found at the bottom of a box of cornflakes, then thats 1 muppet off the road.:evil:

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
humm. 2 crashes at fault in 2 years. Youve got to question your skill and safety as a driver. To be honest i think your a cack careless driver so think hard about getting a 172 because it could cost you your life if your 3rd time lucky.