ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wot do you guys/gals think of this carbon Induction Kit

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
http://www.simota.com/intro.php

They look relatively good quality from the pics, one downside is the filter thats fitted with the kit, looks very much like the cheap crap max power stuff out there.

TBH i would be very sceptical about the gains they say you will get, from the fitting pictures it looks pretty much like the BMC, which from others on the site, is a proven performer.

fitting_renault_01b.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Its just something a bit different from the norm, might just give it a try as it just a cotton filter at the end of the day and cant really see much difference between a K&N and the Simota one.

Well iv spoken to the guy on the phone and ordered one, should be hear on tuesday he said, so ill take a pic and post it on. Hopefuly it looks and works good :D

thats what ive heard as well and the bloke on the phone said even he was impressed with the results on the the 172. Cant wait for it to come through the post lol

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
^^ Not sure mate but there are a few variations of it. MarkM has done something similar but he put his battery in the boot. That one has kept the battery there...would be cool to see where its from..

Edit: Its a simota product,just trying to find it now.

Hiya:rasp:

If you go to the ebay link on the first thread, theres a contact number and when I was speaking to the bloke when order the other one, he said there official Simota Distributers, so you could give them a try:D

Clio 172 mk2
That looks odd but nice at the same time with all that carbon.

Not sure where it drraws air from though as the grille where it's positioned blocked by radiator....there is an air duct/channel but that's to the right of that filter.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Where does it get air from :S That pointing straight at one of the hottest parts of the engine?

have you got yours in yet mate have heard good things about simota they are rated highly on the saxo sports forum when i had my vts?

how much do these go for? fancy getting an IK just for the noise, but cant really justify £400 for the maxogen

BMW
Here's a dyno graph done recently, unfortunately it's in KW but it still shows the difference between a standard airbox vs the Simota Carbon Aeroform as fitted to Chris's car.

CF615-1RenaultClioDyno.jpg

Having inspected Chris's car there is enough under bonnet ventilation once on the move. some air intake temperature experiments could easily be carried out to make sure intake and outside air temps are the same.

Also remember that there is no RAM air effect unless your doiing speeds in excess of 150mph and the intake would need to be ideally situated at the scuttle to get maximum pressure. An intake on the lower part of the bumper is useless in most cases as air is deflected here.

The RRP on these is £207.09 . Chris got his for £195.

The Simota's also have a trumpet behind the Air filter itself for directional airflow unlike other after market systems. Not having the trumpet will lose low end torque and effect part throttle response.

Hey guys/gals

First thing first, cheers "Cyrus" for coming fitting that induction kit the other day, knowing me, would have taken me bloody ages doing it my self and free fitting as well, what a bargain lol

As for the induction kit, all I can see is that its bloody awsome and definate inprovement on the viper, picks up loads better now and sounds the dogs bollox and even loader than my mates K&N.

i am quite intersted in one of these babies now any more information on them mate any websites to look at and buy from cheers again

BMW
clidge said:
what price can it be done for the cliosport possy any discount at all matey cheers

Retail is £207 plus shipping. The ClioSport posse can have them for £189.99 delivered. You'll have to be quick though. Only 6 left until the next shipment. :D

182 Full Fat
  BMW
You probably need something a bit more sophisticated than that kit. You need probes that you can attach inside the intake and somewhere outside the car.

golf r32 dsg
Cyrus said:
Retail is £207 plus shipping. The ClioSport posse can have them for £189.99 delivered. You'll have to be quick though. Only 6 left until the next shipment. :D

ive just ordered thru ebay mate.
zonedesignerclothing

cheers

bugger i really want one of these any chance of a loan anyone he he he are you looking for a test car mate on the 172 lol

RB 182 with CUP packs
Just seen this induction kit on ebay and wondered what you guys thought. Its same as the GrouppM induction kit, but but well under half the price.

Looks a decent bit of kit mate, but it doesn't work or look the same as a Gruppe M imo. Apart from the fact it's carbon I can't see how you can compare tbh? I dare say it works a treat, but the Gruppe M product(s) that I have used in the past draw air from the back of the bonnet, well away from any heat of the bay.

Will be interested to see if you could do a before & after on the same RR on the same day.

Looks very nice mate, glad your enjoying it.:cool:

RS RIP
^^ IT SUCKS ..

and i'm not talking cold air .

It's great if you like an incredible induction sound with zero performance or even lack of.