ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would this work?

Ive noticed a few comments about Chemical guys Butter wet wax having a very good finish but not being bery durable.

Would this work- If i waxed the car first with the butter wet wax for the shine, then used a tougher wax over the top of it like megs carnauba for example? If i did this would it still look really shiny, but also have the durability of a more durable wax?

Mito Sportiva 135
I'd do it the other way round mate, put the durable wax or sealant down first as a base layer or layers, then put the cosmetic stuff over the top. That way when, in your case, the butter wet wax has worn down, you still have the protective product underneath, and you can just top it up at your preference.

106 GTi
As above use a decent sealant or a durable sealant and wax base and then use you beauty type waxes as a top coat for looks.

Thats a good idea. I thought if i put a tough sealent over the beauty wax then it will stop the beauty wax wearing out as quick and make the shine last longer

106 GTi
The tough sealant wont bond properly that way unfortunatley. Ideally the sealant needs a clean oil free base to bond to.