ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy this 182?(video)

Hi folks,

Went to see the 182 I've been looking at today, I knew it had a misfire before I got there, its evident in the video but clears up instantly above around 1500k, the plugs have been changed which leads to me to think it's either the injectors or HT leads.

More importantly I want to know if anyone can hear any untoward sounds in the video,dephaser on its way out etc.

The only other thing that worries me is the gear stick,3rd doesn't seem to be straight up like most cars, it's up towards 1.30pm on a clock face as seen in this video, is this normal?

The EML is on but i'm told a code reader threw up an exhaust sensor fault and I noticed the car is decatted so most likely that.

On the test drive it went very well with no strange noises, clunks or bangs.

Any help massively appreciated, need to make a decision on it tonight and I'm split.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Don't worry about the 3rd gear. Mine was exactly like that and it was one of my first threads on here about it actually.

Very easy fix if you have a friend/dog with a steady hand.

Cheers Dann, I'll have a look for the fix on here. Any thoughts on the engine noise?I'm ultra wary after my last 172 fell apart on me in a week.

Thanks mate, didn't realise I could do that. Do you have any thoughts on the engine noise? Dephaser noise perhaps?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
That does sound like the dephaser mate. Mine sounded like that when it was knackered