ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wouldnt it be great if.....

all standard cars had a race to clear up all "whos faster" arguments? I know it would be a huge task to find old standard cars but wouldnt it be great? There are so many topics that questions which car is faster out of an option of 2 cars. If i remember Jezza Clarkson did a show with a 205 GTI against a 206 GTI (If i remember correctly) and that was great! There were some other cars but i dont remember which. Imagaine a line up of standard cars, including the 16v / Civic VTI / Pug 1.9 GTI / Renault 5Turbo etc. Having like a huge 1/2 mile race to determine which cars really are faster? (Not just the figures published) And someone like the Stig(Only option i could think of) taking them all round a track to see which has the best lap time. Then maybe we could see that some faster cars dnt make it round so quick as slower ones, just due to handling. I know this will never happen, but it would be so great just to be able to look at a performance table to clear up arguments. Though IMHO i reckon 20% of the time it will depend on the driver and how well the engine etc has been worn in , to determine which car is better. Just something i was thinking bout over the weekend and just wanted to get it off my chest.

:p