ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrong Exhaust?.

Clio 197,with megan'
Been informed that that my aftermarket manifold/exhaust from a well known maker, that is used by a lot of cars, WILL damage the Turbo, due to excess heat, and that the Standard manifold should be used. Having had cars of one sort or another for around 65 years , this is a new one on me. I am just about to fit a 250 turbo, and wonder what other peoples thoughts are?.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Conceivably an aftermarket manifold and/or turbo elbow could be missing heat shields or other thermal barriers that can cause issues to other components.

You can get them ceramic coated, or sometimes wrapped to solve this issue. There's also turbo blankets and ceramic coating of the turbo exhaust housing to further help.

It'd have to be a spectacularly poorly designed manifold to be causing the heat issues through restriction of flow, especially if the stock item is supposedly better.

Clio 197,with megan'
Many thanks for your view, just trying to eliminate all the problems.
Conceivably an aftermarket manifold and/or turbo elbow could be missing heat shields or other thermal barriers that can cause issues to other components.

You can get them ceramic coated, or sometimes wrapped to solve this issue. There's also turbo blankets and ceramic coating of the turbo exhaust housing to further help.

It'd have to be a spectacularly poorly designed manifold to be causing the heat issues through restriction of flow, especially if the stock item is supposedly better.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Cant see it myself. However, stock meg manifold flows alright so id stick with that on the td04 hybrid turbos.

The megane hybrid turbos are not the most reliable overall though, what boost pressure is it mapped for?

Oil pressure and flow decent to the turbo? Any boost leaks making the turbo work hard?