ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2011 & iOS5

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Re: WWDC 2011

Is the Keynote available for download yet? It's not on ITunes yet.

Im going away with work tomorrow and would like to watch it whilst flying!

It's downloading for me right now on iTunes...

Bus w**ker

Got a link? I can only find unofficial ones and the official 2010 version. :eek:

Been playing around with iOS5 and overall I like it! Only problem I have found so far is the iMessaging (tried sending myself some texts), tries to send but then fails and sends an SMS instead.

Very nicely put together and integrated.

iMessaging works well. It's green for a normal text and then goes blue to let you know it's an iMessage.

Pretty clever.

Sounds like they've completely ripped off whatsapp

Ripped off an awful app that barely works with a perfectly integrated system?

It's the same messaging app. You don't need to do anything else. The iPhone works it all out for you.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

I installed it earlier but downgraded straight away - too many bugs at the moment!

Rav4

Have you all paid to have the ability to download the iOS? I can't see it on my developers account

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

I don't think I fully understand the concerns about 'cloud' computing. Yes I understand that all your data is there for someone to possibly hack, but there is already a lot of data about me on many companies servers around the world anyway. What's the difference? Is it that fact it's in one place and not spread over many places?

Also remember one difference is that bit of personal info that's sat on some companies server somewhere is likely to be sat on an internal resource for internal eyes only.

A cloud service like this is there to stick your data out in the open, theoretically just so that you can access it.

The term cloud is annoying though, it's not exactly new, just a buzz word that's used now it's become something that's used for more stuff.

As Roy says by storing the data on their servers rather then yours you've now shifted all the responsibility to manage, maintain and secure those systems to that company.

How do you know they are doing everything they should be, and everything they say they are?

It's a common issue businesses face, for instance does your service provider let you come and audit the systems yourself, do they let you vulnerability scan them yourself?

This way of working, with the rise of SaaS offerings, definitely brings something good to the table but also brings a different kind of risk you've got to watch out for.

Citroen DS3 DSport

For those that have already installed OS 5 is it stable enough for everyday use? I'm still undecided on installing or not although I see it is possible to return to 4.3

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

For those that have already installed OS 5 is it stable enough for everyday use? I'm still undecided on installing or not although I see it is possible to return to 4.3

Yeah its fine, wallpapers dont work.

2014 Focus Titanium

I'm thinking of using iosactivations.com to install and activate iOS5, looks awesome!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Pics of your iPhone running an iOS5 feature, Danny? Something distinguishable.

I'm not doubting you, I'm doubting the judgement of Apple in letting you pay for a dev account. lol.

Also noticed a problem with the alarm - make sure you set your clock to 12hr so you can set the am/pm. Otherwise 24 hour doesn't show anything over 12 and you can't see if its morning or afternoon

Inferno 182 CUP

photo-5.gif

photo-2.gif

Bus w**ker

How does iMessaging work, is there a username/pin/thing or is it iDevice aware and just opts to use iMessager instead of text; unless iMessager fails? If it's the latter then is there an option to set how it operates, as in text > iMessager or vice versa?

Tom said he had to send the first one to my email address to get it going first, not 100% sure how you're supposed to set it up.

But now they all go as iMessages. I didn't have to do anything and it came up as from his number as normal.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Set it up in settings, messages. Mine looked set up but wasn't. Cycle iMessage on and off if it dont work

Last edited:

It uses the flash. It's super bright.

So basically if you get a text, the light flashes and someone in France things I'm sending them morse code.

Inferno 182 CUP

its cool on my white iphone

its in a clear case so when its flash down it lights up the whole case so when i get a notification my case glows white

pretty smart

Tesla MP3 2021
Result, I'm rocking iOS5. Looks good so far :)

Is it me or will the newsstand app not go into a folder.

Bus w**ker

It uses the flash. It's super bright.

So basically if you get a text, the light flashes and someone in France things I'm sending them morse code.

I miss the flashing LED from my BB :(.

I don't miss it enough though to have a strobe light going off...although it could be fun around people with epilepsy.