ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 - diff chipsets better graphics?

GW 200
I've got a third hand xbox 360 console which i got off my mate, who he got off his mate. First owner got RROD and sold it. Mate got it fixed. So it's an old machine - very noisy and runs hot.

Here is the chipset info:

Codename - - - CPU - - - GPU - - - HDMI - - - Power Supply
Xenon - - - 90nm - - - 90nm - - - No - - - 203W
Zephyr - - - 90nm - - - 90nm - - - Yes - - - 203W
Falcon - - - 65nm - - - 90nm - - - Yes - - - 175W
Opus - - - 65nm - - - 90nm - - - No - - - 175W
Jasper - - - 65nm - - - 65nm - - - Yes - - - 150W

It has the massive brick power supply and no HDMI so i'm guessing its the Xenon.

My question is; besides the console running quicker and cooler on the newer jasper chipset, with the revised GPU are the graphics any better?

Golf GTi Mk2
I had a release console and when that packed up I bought a new one which is the latest jasper chipset and have noticed no difference.

GW 200
Thats strange. When comparing mine and a mates (his is a falcon) we found his to run quicker.

For example when signed in on the home screen and you press the xbox button on your controller the dialog box pops up. On his it pops up pretty much instantly, but on mine it takes half a second and 'dings' then half a second later - 2 seconds it pops up. General navigation and use of it is much slower.

If this is not the chip or GPU, could it potentially be down to the hard drive that is old and slow?

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Thats strange. When comparing mine and a mates (his is a falcon) we found his to run quicker.

For example when signed in on the home screen and you press the xbox button on your controller the dialog box pops up. On his it pops up pretty much instantly, but on mine it takes half a second and 'dings' then half a second later - 2 seconds it pops up. General navigation and use of it is much slower.

If this is not the chip or GPU, could it potentially be down to the hard drive that is old and slow?

Try clearing both your cachs, then load it up and see if his is still quicker...