ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBOX 360 Elite

Corsa 1.3 CDTI
I've had an old xbox for a number of years now and want to upgrade to a new 360. I have just seen the 360 Elite and have to ask a few questions..

1. Will the Elite play old Xbox games as I still have a fair few kicking around

2. Does the new 360 Elite come with the HD-DVD drive and if so why didn't M$ out it in the original Xbox.

3. What is the average price of games for the 360 ?

4. Have any games be designed to use the 360 processing power to the max as when the original Xbox came out games where good but by the end of it's life games like Forza, Halo 2 etc where out which pushed the Xbox to the limit of it's ability ?

Thought about a PS3 but not seen anything similar to Xbox live on the PS3. Does somehting similar exist on the PS3 ?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI
Thanks for the info, so just to sumerise, the Elite is a stop gap until the New 360 Premium is available with the new hdmi connector.

I did seem to think though the 360 Elite had the HD DVD drive in. Oh well..

Personally, I think the only benefit of the Elite is the bigger HD. I dont think there is enough difference between component and HDMI to justify it..

Corsa 1.3 CDTI
Also the old 360 is 1080i and not 1080p but McBunny said the new 360 Premium is 1080p is this right ? (Not that will worry me as my plasma is only 1080i)

Where can you by Hard Drives for this to upgrade the existing drive ?

Also the old 360 is 1080i and not 1080p but McBunny said the new 360 Premium is 1080p is this right ? (Not that will worry me as my plasma is only 1080i)

Where can you by Hard Drives for this to upgrade the existing drive ?

yup i said any 360 can do 1080p and it can my 360 was hapily doing 1080p on my monitor and my old tv untill it died

Corsa 1.3 CDTI
Yer wasn't sure as all the 360 packages say 1080i. I would of thought 1080p was a hardware upgrade, didn't realise it was a software upgrade. ;)

VaVa
Amiga CD32 ftw.

My 360 has gone back to microsoft. :(

Courier collected it and said "What's this mate, an Xbox?"

"Yes mate - common thing is it?" I asked

"We've made a fortune collecting these. Yours is the 7th one today."

LOL @ MS reliabilty.

Amiga CD32 ftw.

My 360 has gone back to microsoft. :(

Courier collected it and said "What's this mate, an Xbox?"

"Yes mate - common thing is it?" I asked

"We've made a fortune collecting these. Yours is the 7th one today."

LOL @ MS reliabilty.

lol, yup! Exactly the same as he said to my mate! Me taking the piss isnt half as funny when mine dies! :(

Goes back tommorow! 25 days apparently! :(

Mk2 Golf GTI
If i get the RRoD in the first year will the store i buy it from have to exchange it on the spot?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Grrrr, so how long does the shop cover it? I thought in the UK we were supposed to have a 12 month warranty from the store if anything went wrong with any electrical goods?

Mk2 Golf GTI
I wouldn't want a refund, i'd want to exchange a dead unit for a good one.

In theory of course, fingers crossed it doesn't happen!