ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBOX 360 Update?

BMW F31
read it was meant to be on monday but switched the box on last night and have seen none of the features added or the update downloaded!? :S

anyone else got it yet?

supposed to be able to use msn live messenger now too to chat to people :S

You can run msn on it.. but can only use the account that your XBL account is linked to.. which happens to be my old msn account >: (

BMW F31
Well the xbox site says monday, was looking forward to the new features, will have to wait till i get home now :rolleyes:

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I have downloaded it as well and I have logged into my msn account (on my 360), but my mates are at work at the moment :(. So can't try it. I like the 5th blade (MarketPlace) and everything seems to run faster and smoother.. Also like how if you have an Xbox 360 game in while connected to Live it now tells you what game you have in the tray... Like the "Background Downloads" option. If downloading something from MarketPlace, once it has finished it will automatically shut the 360 down :).

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
It happens to me. Although I haven't tried it with the new update. This also happens when playing a Demo sometimes.

A4 Avant
Ah ok. I thought i'd read somewhere that one of the early fixes was for your downloads to continue whilst playing. Thought I'd broken mine! Not to worry.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
New update is also the start of microsoft cracking down on naughty people doing naughty things with there xbox, you have been warned ;)

i only play oblivion well i have for the last 120 hours lol so cant remember what other games do :)

roll on forza 2 tho

What you mean by only some drives are affected, what is it doing?

I highly suggest people with modified Hitachi-LG drives do NOT update their console yet or first flash back the original dvd firmware for now. If you got a flashed Toshiba-Samsung with the new Xtreme v5.3 you can give it a shot - but at your own risk of course
A bit of info about the update and modified DVD firmwares:
As general rule, if you have a modified DVD FW we always suggest you wait till more details come in before you update your console or you can flash back the original FW. As always, update is at your own risk.
As you know from Commodore4Eva received information that Microsoft is working on a way to detect backup discs (the disc, not the flashed drive!). He already released a new Xtreme v5.3 firmware for Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943[/url] with added Disc-Jitter to Challenge Types 5/7 to pass this extra check Microsoft might do.
So if Microsoft adds the Disc-Jitter check to the Spring 2007 Update and you have a TS-H943 drive with the new v5.3 Xtreme FW, you should be fine (assuming they didn't add any other checks of course).
If you have a Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L drive with modified FW, we STRONGLY suggest you do NOT upgrade your dash/kernel yet. These modified FWs do NOT have disc-jitter added yet, so if Microsoft added this check they will detect backup discs. People are working on a quick patch for Hitachi-LG Xtreme v2.x FW to just add Disc-Jitter and eventually it'll catch up the Toshiba-Samsung drive to bring it to v5.3 as well. We'll of course let you know as soon as any if this gets released ;)
What will Microsoft do when they detect this? That's something we don't know atm, we'll have to wait for the update. They will probably stop the game from booting, but they could start banning consoles from LIVE too (even if that might cause bad press) or who knows what they planned ;). We'll have to wait and see ... but remember Microsoft has the tradition (see Xbox1) to ban consoles with delay, so don't take conclusions too fast ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sorry for being thick, but how is the update applied? I've completely forgotten, does it detect one is available when connected to live?

no at th emo you can play them online after this patch tho maybe maybe not depend on your drive and the fw you have on it

1.8 Civic EX
anyone know if it's possible to change the e-mail address it uses for MSN/Windows Live messenger, the one it's come up with is my old one which has "stalkers" on it lol..I have a new address I want to change it too :( can it be done?

1.8 Civic EX
found the answer...

Q: The email address assigned to my Xbox LIVE account is different to the email address I use on my PC for Windows LIVE messenger. Is there a way for me to still access my messenger account?
A: Not at this time. We are working on the ability to allow users to change the email address they originally used when signing up for Xbox Live. The feature will be available in an upcoming release.

and yes they will see you, will show that your playing a game. you can be signed into live but not sign into the messenger tho so it's not too bad! lol

GW RS200
xvid?!

All I was waiting for xvid playback through mediacentre, and it doesn't seem to work still. Anyone else found anything different? :-(

S.

Re: xvid?!

All I was waiting for xvid playback through mediacentre, and it doesn't seem to work still. Anyone else found anything different? :-(

S.

Same here mate, was probably the only new feature that i was looking forward to, yet still nothing :S

Ah well, i know it was only a rumour, but still disapointed!

Monaco 172 2/468
I was waiting for the x264 support, which now doesn't seem as simple as it sounds :dapprove:

I think you have to convert them to mp4 from mkv, what a ballache :S

Citroen DS3 DSport
I was happy to discover that my new wifi keyboard I have bought for use with my PS3 works perfectly with the 360 and MSN :)

I was waiting for the x264 support, which now doesn't seem as simple as it sounds :dapprove:

I think you have to convert them to mp4 from mkv, what a ballache :S

Ms say this

1. What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for H.264?
Xbox 360 supports the following for H.264:
* File Extensions: .mp4, .m4v, mp4v, .mov
* Containers: MPEG-4, QuickTime
* Video Profiles: Baseline, main, and high (up to Level 4.1) profiles.
* Video Bitrate: 10 Mbps with resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. See question number 6 for more information.
* Audio Profiles: 2 channel AAC low complexity (LC)
* Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 6 for more information.

2. What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for MPEG-4 Part 2?
Xbox 360 supports the following for MPEG-4:
* File Extensions: .mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, .mov
* Containers: MPEG-4, QuickTime
* Video Profiles: Simple (including Simple profile content mislabeled as Advanced Simple)
* Video Bitrate: 5 Mbps with resolutions of 1280 x 720 at 30fps. See question number 6 for more information.
* Audio Profiles: 2 channel AAC low complexity (LC)
* Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 6 for more information.

3. What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for WMV (VC-1)?
Xbox 360 supports the following for WMV:
* File Extensions: .wmv
* Container: asf
* Video Profiles: WMV7 (WMV1), WMV8 (WMV2), WMV9 (WMV3), VC-1 (WVC1 or WMVA) in simple, main, and advanced up to Level 3
* Video Bitrate: 15 Mbps with resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. See question number 6 for more information.
* Audio Profiles: WMA7/8, WMA 9 Pro (stereo and 5.1), WMA lossless

5. What are the different ways to play video content on Xbox 360?
You can play video from a USB 2.0 FAT32 removable drive, optical media, and by streaming from the Zune software or Windows Media Player 11.

6. What is the "real" max bit rate, resolution, and frames per second that you support for all the different formats?
Xbox 360 does not specifically block video from playing based on a maximum bit rate, resolution, or frames per second. The maximums listed above for each codec are what we have tested for various video playback sources. Higher rated content will not be blocked, but playback may be less then optimal. Use higher bitrates at your own risk.

18. After the May 2007 update, my 3rd party software doesn't stream videos correctly. Why?
Video navigation was changed in the May 2007 update. 3rd party software that does not support folders through network sharing will not work correctly. You'll have to contact the software developer for support.

22. How can I get Windows Media Player 11 to stream MPEG-4 Part 2 and H.264 to my console?
By default, Windows Media Player 11 does not support MPEG-4 Part 2 and H.264. You can either convert your MPEG-4 Part 2 and H.264 content to WMV or you can install a 3rd party MP4 DirectShow decoder pack to import MPEG-4 part 2 and H.264 files into your library. Once they are in your library they can be streamed to your console just like WMVs.
[/QUOTE]