ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XBOX App on Windows 10 - Weird connection issues

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Asking for a mate.

Brief outline is, he's got a game called Sea of Thieves on his laptop which runs Windows 10.

It's an online game i believe, so it needs an internet connection to run in conjunction with the Xbox console app.

The problem:

It runs fine at his house on his wifi network.

It runs fine when connected to a wifi hotspot to a mobile.

It won't run at a mates house on his wifi, even though everything internet wise works fine, streaming, youtube etc.

It also won't run at another mates house, even though said mate has the same game on his own laptop and that runs fine on his!

So basically can anyone tell us what the f**k is going on haha, it doesn't make any sense.

It seems to me like it's an issue between his laptop and certain routers maybe?

@YorkshireKyle you're a tech guy aren't you? Any ideas?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It's not that, it's the Xbox app. Its downright w**k!

I've had loads of issues using it at work where it will say I'm on a closed NAT but it works perfectly at home😂

I just updated everything, restarted, disabled IPV4 and flushed my DNS and it worked

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It's not that, it's the Xbox app. Its downright w**k!

I've had loads of issues using it at work where it will say I'm on a closed NAT but it works perfectly at home😂

I just updated everything, restarted, disabled IPV4 and flushed my DNS and it worked

What will that do then?

Is it something worth trying?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

When you mentioned about disabling IPv4, does that mean to run IPv6 instead or just turning it off, flushing DNS and then turning it back on again?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
When you mentioned about disabling IPv4, does that mean to run IPv6 instead or just turning it off, flushing DNS and then turning it back on again?
Yeah just run IPV6. Try turning IPV4 off fully, see if it works and then if not try it the other way around as it depends what the routers prefer I.e arping for the mac or just neighbouring

It was the same for me, but it was just the xbox app that wouldn't work!

I can remember once I had to disable IPv6 to get my emails working ffs... The joys of Windows🙄😂