ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox freezing

Well its guaranteed to go wrong sooner or later!!

Just it was er.. sooner lol

Screen keeps freezing with vertical hazy lines, sometimes after a few seconds of turning on, sometimes after 30 mins!

Is this a common fault? Warap it in a towel and send it back to MS? ;)

Last edited:
I got mine as a gift at xmas and this happened after 40 mins playing. Phoned Microsoft and they send a box out to put the console in. Then UPS collect it and it goes to Havant for repair. I got mine back after 10 days with a free month's Gold Live voucher. It turns out it was the mother board that was faulty and had to be replaced. This happened 3 years ago - I've had no problems with it since then. Touch wood. My advice is get it sent back for repair rather than getting angry with it for locking up every time you play it. You should be outdoors enjoying the good weather anyway.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
my second one did exactly the same and i sorted it with a few nylon washers+ some bolts etc.

306 GTi-6
Is it still under warranty? MS only extend warranty to 3 years if you have 3 red lights.

If not, then wrap in a towel and leave it on for 30 mins. Its an error with the GPU overheating and buggering up the physical connections to the board.

Overheating it with a towel can cause the connections to expand and make proper contact again. (2 red lights are normal during this process....).

mk1 172
Is it still under warranty? MS only extend warranty to 3 years if you have 3 red lights.

If not, then wrap in a towel and leave it on for 30 mins. Its an error with the GPU overheating and buggering up the physical connections to the board.

Overheating it with a towel can cause the connections to expand and make proper contact again. (2 red lights are normal during this process....).

and warp the motherboard!

Focus ST3
Its very easy to fix if out of warranty unless of course you have spaz hands or some mental impairment.

Polo + Micra
mine has just started playing up tonight had the rrod once now it just sees to crash and freeze :(

Update: Turned it on this morning and left it to stew for 30mins with the doors closed on my tv cabinet, in an attempt to 's**t or bust' lol! RROD stylie!

30 mins later it was working so left it on for 6 hours with doors open, intermittedly playing COD4 and then off and on again etc

And all working fine lol! Not a single freeze up!

Am I out of the woods?

Never above 25mpg
Well its guaranteed to go wrong sooner or later!!

Just it was er.. sooner lol

Screen keeps freezing with vertical hazy lines, sometimes after a few seconds of turning on, sometimes after 30 mins!

Is this a common fault? Warap it in a towel and send it back to MS? ;)

e74av9.jpg

This happened to me just before I got the E74 error message

Like this?

No it happened in Backlot, not pipeline:p

But on a serious note, no it was more random vertical graphical crap the screen threw up and completly froze.

Well it froze again 5 mins ago half way into the 'crossfire' map.

Turned it back on again and 3 flashing red lights lol

I was getting pwned anyway :dapprove:

Send it back butter, mine only took a week not the end of the world. Although mine was well over a year old and had some serious hours of usage under its belt before it finally shat.

Oh no its working again now lol!

Have already contacted MS ;)

Edit - yes Si yours was well used whereas mine was barely run in lol!

Well used is an understatement. I'd love to know how many hundreds of hours play that thing racked up before finally packing up.

Btw had a bargain this week GHWT full band pack, new, boxed/sealed (on ps3) £40!!

kin ell where did you get that from!??

Xbox now has 3 red flashing lights each time I turn it on and with no towel trickery involved so its heading back to its maker with confidence!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
bad luck! it would be intersting to see how mny people have had to send theirs back and how many are rolling with a fault-less xbox from new.

bad luck! it would be intersting to see how mny people have had to send theirs back and how many are rolling with a fault-less xbox from new.

Well I think its 'safe' to assume its a 100% failure rate? They all go sooner or later that we know!

Well it lasted a month and is now bricked lol. E68 error?

Not bad though for Ms - a whole month :dapprove:

What are my chances of a replacement given its only just been fixed???

Polo + Micra
isn't that a hard drive failure?

if so i doubt you'll get f**k all of ms:dapprove:

MINI FJCW
Well it lasted a month and is now bricked lol. E68 error?

Not bad though for Ms - a whole month :dapprove:

What are my chances of a replacement given its only just been fixed???

Just say you got 3 RRoD, they dont check :rasp:

Yeah just checked online its a HD failure. Some guy had posted up this strange fix where you turn it on/off twice take out leads, remove Hd, rinse and repeat, hum the music from ghostbusters and pray to the gods of ms etc lol! Anyway its now all working again:D for how long though lol!!??

LY 200
I've had my Elite since Christmas and so far its been fine, "touches wood".

Saying that I mostly play on the PS3 when I get chance.

306 GTi-6
If it you overheat it with the towel trick too often, you might land yourself with permanent 2 lights which are not covered by extended warranty.

If its still under its 1 year, get it back asap.