ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon bulb gone

Black Mk2 172
My Drivers side Xenon headlight bulb has gone , can anyone tell me how much this would be to replace? And how easy it is to fit?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Black Mk2 172
No idea to be honest it may be a loose conection , as it came on sporadically, sometimes it would come on automatically when dark (as it should) other times i would have to keep flicking them on and off with the controls for it to come on? Now it doesnt work at all lol!

2.0 175dci rs meggy
i have had the conncetion burn out between the bulb and loom from the ballast unit on a megane but that was caused by bad fitment - i was going to say check fuses < quite common! - or it could be the ballast gone faulty as the bulbs are very rare to go

Black Mk2 172
Nope not in warranty anymore which is abit s**t. Not had a look at it yet i will have a fiddle with it tommorow. I didnt realise they were so expensive!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thats not that much, i was just thinking that even if had your lights on for all of those 14,500 miles then the bulbs should still be going strong?

I am the second owner of a 172 Mk2 that has done 49,000 miles and i don't think i've had my xenon bulbs replaced.

Black Mk2 172
Hmm may be a loose connection, when i bought it the elctric wing mirrors didnt work that turned out to be a loose connection , so hopefully thats the problem.