ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Lights Debate

Clio 172 mk2
Darren S said:
Definitely worth it, imo...

They look the nuts. I can't imagine ever having a car without them now. Nothing better than when they come on automatically and you see that blue, whitish light reflecting off the car in front.

D.

Yep....they are the tits:D

Fabia vRS
Righto....hmmm thanks for the help everyone, seems like it's a case of personal choice whether you like them or not....

still not sure lol, never had them before to compare to the normal headlights, i used to run rally blue bulbs n they were mint, so not sure at all

Xenon's do look the dogs dood'ars when u have them on n when you havent.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
dutty_112 said:
i think its the best mod on my car that ive bought!

DSC08526.jpg

my 1.2!

thing is though, 172/182's have an auto level adjuster on the rear beam under the car. Yours wont have one, so therefore will dazzle oncomming cars?

BMW M135i
It doesn't mean you'll dazzle oncoming cars, it just means you have to adjust the light manually using the dial when you get weight in the back etc.
I don't dazzle people afiak or at least they haven't been telling me and I think people would flash me more often if I did and I can read signs etc easily.

Da

Less
you simply use your manual adjustor on the dash as you would with non-hid headlights. I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with the legallities of having xenons added as a modification.

V1NNY said:
Be careful when ordering cheap kits as some of the bulbs are pretty poor quality
vinny.. yeah these bulbs seem a bit yellowy when i tested them.. theyre a 5000k kit so should be pure white..

where did you order your replacement bulbs from?

Nissan 350Z
Some of these comments are strange to me. The Clio is the first car i've experienced with xenon lights, and I have no problems whatsoever seeing signs. Perhaps get your eyes tested? They are far better than the normal lights i've had on some of my other cars, where i felt like i may as well drive without any lights. They light up the road great, and thats a good thing - I've already lost one tyre to potholes in the road, so to say you dont need to see the road but need to see a few pointless signs (when i can see them perfectly well anyway) seems very strange to me.

I'm convinced some people just like to complain about anything.

Abarth Grande Punto
ive gotta agree with the majority, xenons do look the nuts! One of the reasons im getting a 182 ! Sad i know but i just gotta have em !

Da

Less
I added xenons to mine myself cos i wanted the upgrade without opting for an expensive 182 to go with them ;)

i admit xenons look good in your rear view mirror, but the actual light they give out isnt as good as aftermarket bulbs..

Da

Less
aftermarket 'bulbs' are just brighter or whiter mate, whereas a xenon lamp gives a more natural light, closer to daylight improving clarity and detail.

They are the best lights that i have ever had worth the money IMHO the light seems to stop quite sudden but the light is so clear and its amazing how many people slow down when they see you or come up behind them:approve: