ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon lights no good

clio 172 mk2
i have had my clio for a few months and have noticed that when driving at night on dip xenon lights only i can only see a few metres in front of me . is this normal or have i got a problem ? it has been lowered so dont know if this would affect it .... cheers :S

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have the exact same problem and mine hasnt been lowered. Cant really see anything down lanes unless main beam is on

clio 172 mk2
strange then innit was on another thread and says there is a way to adjust them but am wary as someone told me they have a charge which can hurt !!!!

172 cup'd extreme
it may be the auto adjuster thats under the car, its attached to the rear beam and tells the xenons how high/low they should be. you can manually adjust them by screwing the adjuster screw on the lights in or out

Mégane RS
yup as above, a white nut on the light unit, lowering the car can throw the xenons out but its a conclusive fact that xenons are brighter and better ;)

Racing Blue 182
Mine are terrible since i lowered it

which way do i turn the adjuster to move them higher?

Is it the cream plastic alan key bit?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yes as they would now be pointing down.

After lowering you HAVE to adjust them manually as the auto adjuster works on the rear beam and since you have lowered the rear it acctually points the lights down (thinking you have a heavy load in the back which thus would normally point the nose of the car upwards). Which is no use when you have lowered the front aswell because it makes the lights even worse..

I adjusted my own lights and they are top notch. There is very little difference between dipped and full beam now. Although i did lower my drivers side lamp a little so people don't get dazzled!

clio 172 mk2
is it the white allen key bit u adjust ah cant really see much else if so which way do you turn it .... cheers

clio 172 mk2
sorted it is the white thing and u turn it clockwise to raise driving home tonight what a difference thanks very much :approve:

White16valver said:
I thought they had ballast packs in them to always bring them level? They could be fooked perhaps?

Ballast packs are to do with stepping up the power/charge, NOT anything to do with alignment.

Racing Blue 182
im going to adjust mine later, they are terrible. Who cares about dazzeling other drivers, as long as i can see thats all that matters ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Will the normal renault lights need adjusting after lowering too then? It's just a case of moving the little switch thingy on the dash, right? ~crosses fingers~

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I had the same problem with mine when I got it, the auto adjuster arm attached to on the rear axle had broke.

It's just in front off the rearaxle on the passenger side.

clio 172 mk2
yeh ah couldnt call myself the bear cos of u .... my nickname likes .... quite a coincidence and we hav same car 2 lol