ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Lights

2001 Clio Expression +
Was wondering if you could help me??

Are those Xenon light bulbs any good?? There £8 on eBay, just wondering if i should invest, are they a waste of money or do they make visibility any better? Do they look good? And finally, do they have any implication come MOT time??

Cheers

Polo + Micra
the e-bay jobbies are real dire.

your better off spending a little more on some osram silverstars

J

JEFF4507

Look at the bulb, if it's coloured blue then it's illegal.

If you think your lights are starting to dim, go down to Halfords and pick out some of their HID bulbs, very bright and white, I put them on my old fiesta when it's bulbs went (both went over one weekend). Sadly I crashed it a few days later.

J

JEFF4507

Yes I know they're not xenon, on account that the xenon gas light units are a little more expensive. A few hundred pounds to be precise. Long story short, I wouldn't bother, if you need brighter lights, then I recommend HID bulbs from a reputable car accessories store.

2001 Clio Expression +
Cheers guys, just aswell i didnt buy them. So how much am i looking at for a proper decent set and where to get them from??

Polo + Micra
HID = HIgh intesity discharge which has no filament and uses xenon gas for colour.

xenon lamps tend to be lamps that have either being painted blue or had some of the halogen gas replaced with xenon

neither of them are a great idea so just stick to well know brands and you can't go far wrong