ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sourcing driver's side 182 Xenon headlight

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to snag a brand new passenger side Hella headlight for my 182 at a great price, now looking to get the driver's side to swap both at the same time.
1DL008461-781 is the Hella part number for the driver's side I believe, but it's out of stock on autodoc and eBay and everywhere else I've been able to find online. (not worried about them being LHD, this can be swapped with a little lever). Typically the passenger side has plenty of stock.

Not all that used to ordering car parts through other means, but can I ask a generic motor factors or something like that to try and source me one if I give them that Hella part number? Or are there any other places I should go through to try and get one.

Alternatively, if someone has the Renault part number for a grey insert xenon please let me know and I'll see how much Renault want for one. Just after the main headlight unit, I can swap the ballast, ignitor etc. from my current set as they work fine.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the passenger side one from, please? That has some internal pitting an a small crack in the plastic within the unit itself.

It irritates me how Renault switched from the dark grey surround to that crappy faded-plastic grey surround on the later units. The later units look crap compared to the old versions.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the passenger side one from, please? That has some internal pitting an a small crack in the plastic within the unit itself.

It irritates me how Renault switched from the dark grey surround to that crappy faded-plastic grey surround on the later units. The later units look crap compared to the old versions.
Facebook, guy had a brand new one that just had a broken adjuster. Less than £100 posted.

To be honest I don’t think the grey is all bad, on the lighter coloured cars anyway I think it suits them better.
I’ve managed to find the drivers side, last one in stock on a not particularly well reviewed Latvian site. Let’s see how badly I get scammed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully not too badly!

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But on BG cars - they look naff - to me anyway. I thought that from Day 1 when I picked it up new - like the car had been sat in some desert sun somewhere and the light clusters had faded.

When I had them changed, it made the front end appear much more 'complete' and far better looking.

Ideally, I'd have a pair of factory fresh dark units to put on. But that's like asking for a pair of Recaros that don't cost half a mortgage.... ;)