ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XP Domain Laptop and Vista Workgroup Desktop

GF has just got her laptop from work, she has only been given a domain login which being a general user is very limited.

She can put printer cartridges through the company expenses so instead of setting up two printer in our small office i have been sharing the one connected to the Vista machine.

We have personal laptop (which is vista) which is running on the same Workgroup and that wirelessly connects to the Vista Desktop fine through the router, it can access files and use the printer.

The new xp laptop however its wired to the router however neither the Vista desktop nor the Xp machine can see each other.

I ran ipconfig on laptop and it is definately on our local subnet yet nothing can access it. No firewalls are on either.

Im so confused.... Anyone suggest anything.

General googling just brings back info about two workgroup machines but nothing about a domain and a workgroup connection. :mad:

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
This Problem is Most Likely caused by the new Xp Laptop Not Having The LLTD Responder Required For XP to Vista Networking
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Go There and Download It On The Xp Computer Install It. Restart Both Machines Change The Work Group on Both To "WORKGROUP" and Tell Me How You Get On

172 cup'd extreme
Are you able to login to the laptop locally? - to do this on the login screen click the domain drop down box to xxxxxxx(this computer) then login