ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yank Tanks vs Import Tuners...lol! (Vid NWS)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Heres a Yank Tank doing a 7.26 round the Nurburgring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o

Out of the top 10 fastest cars round the ring 2 are Yanks ( ACR SRT 10 ) so when they put there mind to it they can make em move........

Ive said it before on this topic - Horses for courses.....One of there National Sports is Quarter miling and its massive in the states. Theyve built a road legal Supercar that can carry 2 adults in comfort with lots of boot space, has beaten nearly all of the worlds finest round the ring ( inc Nissan GT-R ) can be bought for less than £90k and looks fantastic.

Now lets see a Honda engine run a 4.4 qtr @ 336 mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wo3ohXG_-c

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I didn't make the post to say that yank tanks aren't fast, they are! but generally, they dont handle particularly well. There are a couple to maybe a hanfull of exceptions eg the vette and the ACR and I think they have a Cadilac which has pretty good handling aswell but not 100% sure. The point of my thread is that the guys who own these cars in america seem quite stupid and naive to think that they own 'ricers' on every front. I've driven a Mustang GT with some suspension upgrades, and it threw your stomach out the back and made a heavenly noise but handle, it did not.

astra coupe on coilovers
i want this :)
838543-1.jpg

838543-3.jpg

Build Date 03/04 on 05/05/04 was sent to Racing Soultions for RSI SR 650 Performance Package, cost $21900.00 , big valve heads, headers, K&N etc ,3 year warrenty, giving 650hp then it had a Nitrous kit fitted 100hp to 300hp adjustability cost $2995.00 ,SO IT HAS 950HP... it also has a Snug Top and Bed Rug fitted $2250.00,it is fully badged as a Viper SRT, Viper Carpets, done 30 000 miles, just had new clutch ,if you do not want the Snug top, it can be removed but it makes a good base at rainy shows and appears to give truck high speed stability . Please note i have never tried the Nitrous and the bottle is empty,

Monaro VXR
I didn't make the post to say that yank tanks aren't fast, they are! but generally, they dont handle particularly well. There are a couple to maybe a hanfull of exceptions eg the vette and the ACR and I think they have a Cadilac which has pretty good handling aswell but not 100% sure. The point of my thread is that the guys who own these cars in america seem quite stupid and naive to think that they own 'ricers' on every front. I've driven a Mustang GT with some suspension upgrades, and it threw your stomach out the back and made a heavenly noise but handle, it did not.

Depends on the suspension upgrades fitted to the stang to how it handles. It is afterall a car the size of a 5 series BMW it has to be driven very differently. But with the proper setup they can handle extremely well. The griggs Mustangs are rather impressive.

Just most people aren't willing to spend £10k on the suspension to turn the car into an amazingly well handling car. But think about it in money terms £10k on the top of the price of a Mustang is still under £30k. Engine can be made to stick out some half decent power for very little as well.

J03

MX5 1.8
i love abit of muscle. yank cars look brute, like hench guys with tattoos, jap cars are like guys with cool hair and their techy gadgets..

Integra Type-R DC2
lol, I do like flame baiting on youtube.

Posted on a vid of a Kenne Bell Cobra against a GSXR 1000;

"Supra would piss on the Gixxer"

Already had about 4 yanks telling me to f**k off!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Thats a "67" 327 Small Block - not that quick

The biggest lump they ever put in the Nova was a 427 - That was in 69. The fastest version was the "Yenko" Nova. 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds. 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds @ 103 mph. Mopar still left these for dust. Hot Rodders used to fit the big block 454 with dual Rochester carbs which would give around 500 + bhp.

Car and Driver test drove one in 69 and they wrote " With the right driver and correct Tyres we had the Yenko Nova officially clocked at 0 - 60 mph in 3.5 seconds"

3.5 sec to 60 in 1969 - we were still driving round in Morris f**king Minors with our c0cks out having picnics with the local vicar in the Dales.

http://www.superchevy.com/features/nova/sucs_0827_1969_1970_yenko_novas/index.html

69YenkoNova.jpg

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
Lets see it take Eau Rouge, flat.

Theres always one ...........

Horses for courses my son - they were built for straight lining as ive said before - its one of there national sports - our motorsport events consist of bends and your "Twisties" - so we build cars that handle well. They build them to go fast in a straight line

To put it in comparison its like me taking my brain out and saying "lets see the new Renault R28 F1 car do a 4.4 qtr @ 336 mph .......again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wo3ohXG_-c