ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet another newbie

Arctic Blue 182

Hi Everyone.

Im a complete forum user virgin, of any kind, but have been following and reading this one regularly for for a few years now, so decided to give it a whirl. Need to know all abbrev etc (LOL, IMHO etc....) sad arent I? :oops:

Im based in Sheffield and have been an owner of an arctic blue 182 with cup susp and spoiler pack for 3 days now. I previously owned a silver Mk1 172 for 3 and a half years (Dec 2000) and loved it to bits. Wasnt in the market to swap it until I saw the 182 and then couldnt resist.

I know I missed the Mk2 172, wasnt keen on the re-styling at first, but I cant believe the difference between the Mk1 and the 182 in driving experience, handling and overall quality. Im well impressed with it so far.

Ive read and digested all topics and discussions from this forum over time and decided it was about I interacted with you all myself. Hope you dont mind me groping aimlessly around the place!

Unlike my old 172, Im hoping to make a few mods to my 182 (nothing drastic as its fine as it is) but Im not too clued up on it all so future advice from you all may be required.

Thank you for your time everyone.

Nissan Jewk

welcome!!

LOL - Laugh Out Loud

IMO - In My Opinion

IMHO - In My Honest Opinion

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly

PMSL - P*ss My Self Laughing

ROFL - Roll On Floor Laughing

LMAO - Laugh My Arse Off

Cant think of anymore! But you should have kept your Mk1 172, its still the quickest lol

Arctic Blue 182

As always, very welcoming replies. thanks.

God this is weird!!!

Had a bit of a nightmare ordering the 182 tho. Things were going well when ordered it on 1st May. 6-8 weeks they said. Fine, I could just about wait that long. 28th June was my del date. Then the letter from Renault came, Thanks for ordering your 182 etc... we are pleased to say 95% of cars arrive a week early (7 weeks bonus!). I sat, waited then on the 28th no call, so I phoned them myself 3pm-ish. No sir the car isnt here yet. They phoned back, it arrived bang on 5pm! Ive got a Cherish plate so had to wait a further week for the V55 form to arrive, then ANOTHER week for DVLA to get their heads out of their ar*es and reg the car. Every time I called the dealer it was a case of "Its still with the DVLA".

But its here now and I have to say its worth the wait. Mates and friends at work are envious. Had the same experience with my Mk1.

Arctic Blue 182

Only a couple of days to go now CocoPops. Sleepless night an all that! Mind you If youre like me I had over 2 months worth of them!

As well as jubilation, excitement, elation, joy and happiness Im feeling having my new car, Im once again having a feeling of paranoia. I live on a nice, but not posh private housing estate and I park my car right up our drive cos dad has the garage, with a full disk clamp thing on the steering wheel. I felt it when I first had my old 172 that some itchy fingered chav scum will come along and whip it away.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else is as pathetic and paranoid as me or are you all owners of your own garages? you lucky devils ; )

Megane 225 baby! :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cliosport :)

MK1s are the best thou................specially Titanium ones! ;)

I have to park mine in the bank car park and I live on the thrid and fourth floors above the bank with the bedroom on the other side of the building to the car park. I sleep with the all the doors and windows open so I can hear the alarm but some mailto:tw@t">tw@t is always nicking my dust caps.

One night Ill wait up <---- evil chuckle

But no, your not the only paranoid person here, Im even looking to move to a flat with a garage its that bad. Pity though cos I have a massive place and its cheap because its above the bank.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

nope, Im with ya on the paranoia.

Until we move (4weeks hopefully) it will be parked on the street.

I had a 4month old Nissan Almera about 2yrs ago and someone drove into whilst it was parked outside. 3,500quids worth of damage, then drove off :mad:

So I shall be keeping a close eye on the 182.

Once we move it will be garaged.

As for sleepless nites, I cant wait, I really cant!! :D

Arctic Blue 182

Cheers Martin. Im a graphic designer by trade and work with computers and the internet all day everyday, but forums have always scared me sh*tless! The shakes and sweats are starting to go now tho.

Also, cheers for the acronyms mikec172 & Dansta.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Faz182 on 14 July 2004

As well as jubilation, excitement, elation, joy and happiness Im feeling having my new car, Im once again having a feeling of paranoia. I live on a nice, but not posh private housing estate and I park my car right up our drive cos dad has the garage, with a full disk clamp thing on the steering wheel. I felt it when I first had my old 172 that some itchy fingered chav scum will come along and whip it away.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else is as pathetic and paranoid as me or are you all owners of your own garages? you lucky devils ; )

Hi and welcome!

No youre not paranoid - I recently swapped my VERY basic Ford Ka for a year-old 172 in black and OMG what a difference!

However I have to park my car on the street overnight, and I didnt sleep properly for two weeks until I got my alarm fitted (the cars an import).

Sometimes I cant even park it outside the flat, because the areas so densely-populated. Im still convinced Ill wake up one day to find its been keyed by some charver b*stard.

Parking rules my life I tell you, all I want is a garage! The only upside is that no thief could possibly know which house the keys to it are kept in.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

easy chap, welcome to the forum hahah ull never leave now! lol! got any pics of ur car? try searching for induction kits or exhausts etc if theyre the sort of mdos ur after plenty of knowledge out there. if not ask away im sure someone will help u out!