ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

YMO2BUP my nephews just bought this

BG 182,megane td
My nephews just bought this black 172 with 84,000 on the clock for £2800 its got 3 cliosport stickers in the windows,any previous owners on here?think it came from yorkshire?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yup, its Harry Manbacks old one
P1010169.gif

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=402441

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't see a problem with it. Personally, if my new purchase was ragged like f**k before I got it I'd want to know so maybe get rid of it ASAP if I was at all doubtfull.

what difference does it make whether its been ragged or not , as long as it is still running sweet !!! keep a car serviced well with good bits and you can rag the shhhiiit out of them, all my cars get ragged but they also get the best service bits for them and serviced every 5-8k miles , and they always run sweet

mine had one before i bought it, car was given some stick on the test drive by previous owner, i saw how it had been driven, but also how well it had been looked after. didnt bother me in the slightest and its been as reliable as any of my other cars in the two years ive had it.

no big deal.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cars can be driven on the limit every day and still last well over 100,000 miles.

The part most people seem to forget is the looking after it bit.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, who doesn't give their RS's a thrashing on a regular basis:rolleyes:. As above, as long as it's looked after... The problems begin when people get them that can't afford to run them correctly.
A bit like most old scooby's etc.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, who doesn't give their RS's a thrashing on a regular basis:rolleyes:. As above, as long as it's looked after... The problems begin when people get them that can't afford to run them correctly.

Agree^^

You can't expect to buy a clio sport used that hasn't been driven hard a fair few times, especially an 8 year old one.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
As people have put here, if the driver drove it hard because they enjoy and respect the car, then chances are they did a good job of keeping it serviced etc. whereas if they're just a moron who kill there car all day and doesnt look after it thats when the problems start. Most of the people I know HAMMER their cars. but come service time they dont complain, they pay up...

DMS

A thirsty 172
I absolutely nail my car day in day out. And yet I know two or three people who would buy it off me straight away given the chance.
Looking after a car goes a long way to making it an appealing buy regardless of how it's been driven.
Would you refuse to buy a high powered motorbike just because the previous owner took it quite high up in the rev range on a regular basis?

Hyundai i40

what he said

but the reaction to what chris said doesnt suprise me for CS

330i. E30 Touring.
If it was a bad example, those stickers would have been removed straight away, to avoid any comeback!

Ph1
LOL @ the replys.

Car thats been ragged to death or one thats been treated with kid gloves, which would you choose?

Easy answer really isnt it.....

120d M Sport
Most RS Clio's have been driven hard at some point, you've gotta expect that when you buy one second hand.

Look at that thread, it shows the guy had no issues with spending the money on it. Maintenance is the key.

BG 182,megane td
my nephew told me today the car has some faults! code 57,accelerator pedal sensor cicuit track 1 and code 02,intake air temperature sensor!the cars mint tho

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
my nephew told me today the car has some faults! code 57,accelerator pedal sensor cicuit track 1 and code 02,intake air temperature sensor!the cars mint tho
Think every car has the acc pedal fault, dont know anything about that sensor fault but its probably worth cleaning it up and its connections before changing it.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

Hi.

there was an issue with the throttle pedal. i bought a new one and it didnt solve the problems. so i change the thottle body and put the original pedal back on. problem solved.

also does it even have that sensor as it doesn't have the acoustiv valve!

and i did get the aux belt done.

just found out that my mate (paul costa,a car dealer) bought the car of snel (?) in york?

i didnt sell it to a guy called paul or for that amount of money, the kid who bought it was from york though.

does the exhaust still rattle?

Last edited:
  CS Dungeon
Who's got this now? I'm supposed to be px'ing it for my bike tomorrow..............any info much appreciated!!

Thanks

I think you paid a good price for the vehicle and as long as it is in good well cared for condition and you are happy with it just enjoy the car.