ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokohama Paradas

Cooksport Fleet
You want less progression? That means you're either gripping round the corner or have the arse end out :S

If your going over 60 theres no time to respond. I know first hand...
Paradas arent progressive in wet to begin with so only god knows how you are still here today!

The car was piss easy to control when the back end was out with paradas on, loads of time to correct it and feed power in. The PE2s tend to grip up and try to snatch...

Im not clueless about chassis setup so seriously if anyone wants to go out in it...

There is quite a few people who have been out already :)

White Evo V
Just watched the top gear with the 182 on, it was on Dave! PE2'S look awesome! car gripped like a MF! I think il go for them!

Anyone know of any place that sells them at a good price?!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
parada's are not bad in the dry, absolutely terrrible in the wet

I noticed a common them with crashed clio's in the wet, the majority were wearing parada's

Ive got proxes on the front of mine, always liked them on my other cars, they're not so good in the wet but theres not many tyres that are

I know pe2's are good

Ph1
Their only terrible in the wet if you drive like a knob in the wet.

Heard all these scare stories and its over hyped

Last edited:
  White ds3
iv had them on my vtr and theyr good if you behave yourself in the wet ;)
get toyos iv got them now good all rounders

alien green rs133
yoki s-drives are good, as are goodyear F1's but cant get away with the treadwear (4k :O)

im running pirrelli pzero nero's atm, they are ok, but getting avon zv3's next as they seemed pretty good on customers car i drove.

I dont get all this parada's are s**t in the wet business, my fronts are on 2-3mm and with the the recent weather we've had ive had no scary moments, and no i dont drive like a grannie before anyone starts. Is this just people going on what their mates brothers frend has said?

F1's are probably the best wet tyres ive had, Uniroyal rainsports were good also.

And 60 psi at the back?? Crikey!! 28 psi for me

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Parada's are poor imo. They just turn to jelly on track, and have very little wet weather grip. But, tyre's are a subjectiove thing, if you like the feel, good. I don't.

Standing water yes they just seem to float, but then if its that wet i dont drive like a tool. My Parada's are almost out, what tyres would you recommend Warren for this time of year? Tempted to go back to F1's.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
F1's are good imo, but pricey and being phased out. Give the Hankook V12 a whirl, no-one that's tried them has been unhappy! They are great wet or dry, cheap. They need slightly lower pressures than pe2, I ran 2bar all round.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
Where from? Which Toyos were they?

Can you get me some, your only up the road from me! :D

toyo t1r's i think its a tyre place in bradford that just sells to companies. mine are 195 15 50 but i dont think it would be much more for 16's. i might be able to get you some mate

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mr B. Bear.

Do you perchance work for Hankook ? :rasp:

Paradas are awesome in the dry, and more than adequate in the wet, very progressive. I had no issues in about 10k on them, all round. Wet greasy roundabouts were interesting if not taken carefully, but then no tyre in the world will grip like the dry when its greasy... and who drives like a loon in the wet anyway :S

I am on my second set of Paradas now... never had a problem in the wet or been caught out buy them, and boy do they grip in the dry... just really soft side walls.

Cooksport Fleet
Mr B. Bear.

Do you perchance work for Hankook ? :rasp:

Paradas are awesome in the dry, and more than adequate in the wet, very progressive. I had no issues in about 10k on them, all round. Wet greasy roundabouts were interesting if not taken carefully, but then no tyre in the world will grip like the dry when its greasy... and who drives like a loon in the wet anyway :S

True but...Yoko C drives were only 1 second a lap slower round brands hatch in the wet than in the dry... so not far off!

182 trophy
i had paradas on my trophy, they were ok in the dry nothing special. pretty awful in the wet. I used them on track and after 20 mins two tyres had delaminated. my mate in his 182 was using pe2's on track and they were fine after half an hour no trouble at all.

Honda ATR
Ive got pradas on mine at the mo and the only time I have a problem with grip levels is when I hit standing water, other than that they are fine! Try NW performance for tyre deals.

Ive never understood why they get so much stick!!! at the end of the day if you drive down a b road like a complete arse in the wet then you deserve to crash. Yes I agree they aint as good as PE2's in the wet but you only have to look at the tread pattern to figure that out.

Last edited:
  Focus RS mk1
eagle f1s for me, i had toyo t1rs before the f1s and in the wet they are shocking, the goodyears are worlds apart, have so much more confidence in them and the price isnt that much different either

Rusty Cup
i loved the grip of my paradas in the dry :)

Cold wet weather?... yea not so good

2008_0419carnick0288-1.jpg

2008_0419carnick0287.jpg

tiTTy & SV650
Gonna defo try hankooks next, pe2s are my fave but I dont wanna spend £400 on tyres. Pzeros are good but too soft, got paradas on the back they're alright.

Clio on SL 2118s
My parada spec 2's, were £40 each, although they are 15's.
They don't grip as well as I thought they would in the wet, but this might be just due to general wear.
A good tyre overall though.