ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zafira GSI clean up.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My good friend Russ_16v at Southwest Autos contacted me a while back, askinging me to look at / sort out a car he'd just taken in. Apparently is was a bit neglected....

Now, with all due respect, Russ, by his own admission, isn't one for cleaning cars so when he said that, alarm bells should have been ringing!!

It was minging. Dubious white substances on the seats, creosote on the carpets, suncream handprints on every exterior panel and both interior rear doors, and monumental amounts of red mud/dust.

The car deserved a good clean because underneath the dirt, it's very tidy! Even the wheels aren't battered like 99% of MPV's.

I can't be bothered to type any more so i'm just going to post some pictures.

C5667232-08FB-4869-8535-313640317A30_zpspmumeax4.jpg

90CDDC6B-39EE-4884-80F8-5FECF3A79854_zpsh150lrvq.jpg

D459C996-BA1B-4189-B83C-93664E1BC1AB_zpsphjvpnqg.jpg

BDE08DB0-351F-462A-AB61-B393AE7AF0E1_zpszdyyjym1.jpg

I did the usual washing procedures, then embarked on a light machine polish to make it shiny again, remove buffer trails from previous chumps efforts and most importantly, get rid of the suncream hand prints!

B4B36E5F-4A5F-4F3B-A268-A9EC988D11D4_zpsfy0gq3cj.jpg

All the carpets had to be wire brushed to make them look like carpets again, and all the plastics were cleaned with Multi purpose detergent and dressed with autoglym interior dressing and immediately wiped to prevent the 'shiny' interior that only idiots like.

3FD7F72C-13AD-4A03-9FF8-73CCF5CDCFDD_zpsu2vhv2ac.jpg

353EBF82-B419-415A-8260-0FA690697AE6_zpsary3vj8a.jpg

Wheels alone took over an hour! lol Covered in tar and brake dust.

CBD444F8-4649-4A24-9343-1E93934974B1_zps18smipnl.jpg

Seats were wet-vac'd using AG Interior cleaner and then washed through with clean 90 degree water.

23E3B817-77C3-4D46-BD5C-FB723FF3E45D_zpsxvvterjh.jpg

And then in true Daniel fashion, as I pulled it outside it pissed down. ffs.

C3931FD4-C427-4411-A9B5-8E1A458F1B71_zpst2asxq8z.jpg

DB4CA503-9910-473B-8F68-7AD5CC574C9F_zpsnz0g1atr.jpg

I managed all that in 8 hours which I was rather impressed with, even if I do say so myself. :D

Inferno 225 cup
Do you make the cars you touch look an infinite amount better.

Looks really well Dan.

Is it sad I like them? I know a few that a are kicking some serious power out.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do you make the cars you touch look an infinite amount better.

Looks really well Dan.

Is it sad I like them? I know a few that a are kicking some serious power out.

I actually considered buying it for Jo as we'll need a bigger car soon, but the lack of drivers armrest and the inevitable desire to make it 300bhp put me off making him an offer! lol.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
What are they standard? Looks properly tidy now you've sorted it out.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Great job as usual mate :) always had a thing for these things

What do they drive like? Would love buy a cheap one, chuck some mates in and drive to the ring. Then flog it when I got home

Inferno 225 cup
I actually considered buying it for Jo as we'll need a bigger car soon, but the lack of drivers armrest and the inevitable desire to make it 300bhp put me off making him an offer! lol.

IMO it's the best looking family wagon, Vxr turbo, stage 3 blah de blah. Can have proper fun still.

Cracking work though bud.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What are they standard? Looks properly tidy now you've sorted it out.

Cheers. They're 200BHP as standard.

Great job as usual mate :) always had a thing for these things

What do they drive like? Would love buy a cheap one, chuck some mates in and drive to the ring. Then flog it when I got home

They do drive nice. But I say that in terms of other people carriers. It's still a very upright driving position and having no armrest when effectively driving a really fast van, was a put off for me.

I'm certainly not ruling one out when child number three comes along that's for sure.

that interior was disgusting!!
why can't people keep them clean, inside at least. Thats where people sit, and touch stuff - all the germs... eeeeugh!

amazing turnaround tho daniel :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
that interior was disgusting!!
why can't people keep them clean, inside at least. Thats where people sit, and touch stuff - all the germs... eeeeugh!

amazing turnaround tho daniel :D

Believe it or not, it had been swept out/hoovered before it got to me!!

53 Clio's & counting
The pictures literally do not do the car justice - the car has been used as the typical family run around, was owned by my brothers business partner and his wife used it mainly to shuffle their 3 kids around and due to daily life it never really got a proper clean (mechanically it's spot on, and has only done 72,000 miles!) it has always had work when needed and serviced but family life had taken its tole.

I have been doing some work on it (rocker cover gasket, rear pads and few more bits and bobs) but before I could sell it I knew the bodywork needed sorting as underneath I knew it was a good car.

So obviously off to Dan was my first choice and I can truly say if anyone in our neck of the woods needs this work done then dan is no1!

So now it is ready for sale so anyone interested drop me a pm!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
That's a real nice looking gsi Zafira, makes a massive change to see one in black instead of the benifits blue.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How the f**k do you do that in 8 hours!?

It's easy when all the kit is there. I literally open the door and turn the power on and everything is there to be used.

I bet it takes you a good hour to get everything out and ready.

Plus, I don't fcuk about. ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I've always had a burning desire to own one. A lad near my mum has one and its fvcking insanely rapid. Rumours of 335bhp LOL.

It absolutely fvcks off down the road at a fair rate of knots

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It's easy when all the kit is there. I literally open the door and turn the power on and everything is there to be used.

I bet it takes you a good hour to get everything out and ready.

Plus, I don't fcuk about. ;)

True. I bet I'd be quicker in a unit too, not having to squeeze myself around the garage.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've always had a burning desire to own one. A lad near my mum has one and its fvcking insanely rapid. Rumours of 335bhp LOL.

It absolutely fvcks off down the road at a fair rate of knots

lol they are rapid for such a bus! I remember one night I was pushing on in my clio at like 3 figure speeds and out of no where one of these come past me screaming and made me look like I was standing still. Sounded epic too!

Swift Sport
Looks fresh as a daisy now, Mr P!

There used to be one down at Bassett's Pole with something like 700bhp... I never saw he boot it but it was meant to be unreal.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's unreal Dan. Your workmanship deserves all the custom you can get mate. Awesome bus also, I know someone with a VXR in Blue and it can really shift!

Are you keeping busy enough?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's unreal Dan. Your workmanship deserves all the custom you can get mate. Awesome bus also, I know someone with a VXR in Blue and it can really shift!

Are you keeping busy enough?

I am but I'm not earning enough money. It's hard enough trying to get people to spend £65 for a full valet with all the Turks offering mini valets for £15.
The good money is in paint correction but A) I'm not confident enough to advertise it and B) 90% of people don't care about it enough to have it done. As long as it's clean and the tyres are shiny they're happy. Which brings me back to point A! Lol.

I've got two garages that pay me £100 per car minimum as they want them proper spanking, but the type of cars they sell they don't do much volume.

All of that leads me to currently looking for a job. I'm fed up of chasing my tail, doing tax returns, chasing payments from people etc. Just the general ball ache of being a small business really.

It also f***s me off that I'm really good at my job (I don't advertise and I'm booked up a week in advance constantly) but I'm skint. When there's f**king idiots out there that are absolutely s**t at their job ( in all lines of work!) that are earning loads.

Basically, I've ran out of fight.

Fantastic turnaround there, it was hanging beforehand!! The crap in the seat gap was mank to say the least.

You should consider one imo. I like them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I am but I'm not earning enough money. It's hard enough trying to get people to spend £65 for a full valet with all the Turks offering mini valets for £15.
The good money is in paint correction but A) I'm not confident enough to advertise it and B) 90% of people don't care about it enough to have it done. As long as it's clean and the tyres are shiny they're happy. Which brings me back to point A! Lol.

I've got two garages that pay me £100 per car minimum as they want them proper spanking, but the type of cars they sell they don't do much volume.

All of that leads me to currently looking for a job. I'm fed up of chasing my tail, doing tax returns, chasing payments from people etc. Just the general ball ache of being a small business really.

It also f***s me off that I'm really good at my job (I don't advertise and I'm booked up a week in advance constantly) but I'm skint. When there's f**king idiots out there that are absolutely s**t at their job ( in all lines of work!) that are earning loads.

Basically, I've ran out of fight.

I pretty much knew that was going to be the answer dude. :(It's always the hard workers that get proper shafted!

I swear you employ your kids, Dan - there is no way anyone else could go from before to after in the time and detail you appear to manage on your own. Impressive, fella. As always!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Always loved these too. I'd love to own one, modified it's a beast!

must be some laugh to drive

edit: amazing job in the time you allocated. The interior looks new again

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I swear you employ your kids, Dan - there is no way anyone else could go from before to after in the time and detail you appear to manage on your own. Impressive, fella. As always!

He doesn't spend all his time reading the instructions........ :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Would have looked better if you cleaned your footprints off the plastic part of the drivers footwell!