ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zymol

Just the auto wash, spent the most time i have ever done cleaning her, hosed whole car down, then done roof with zymol, then hosed down again and done the same for every side of the car.....well impressed!

BMW 320d Sport

Just got some and it was only about £12 for one thing and a fiver for the other. I thought Zymol was supposed to be mega expensive. Like a hundred quid for a capful of polish or something?

Nick I only paid £10 for a bottle of polish or something. Cant remember exactly what it was, just that it tasted lovely. I mean smelled lovely :D

BMW 320d Sport

LOL you been on the bottle again - drinking the Zymol! They say you cant polish a turd but yours are gonna be bloody brand spanking mint when they come out of your rear end:eek:

Nick, the stuff that costs £100 is a different wax than that stuff you can buy in halfords (and its also a full cleaning starter kit).

BMW 320d Sport

What so Ive got the sh*t stuff then Tony? Bloody crooks - I knew I smelt a rat when it was so cheap! So what do you get in the full house setup, a brush as well?

Skoda Fabia vRS

depends on how much u spend mate

http://www.zymol.co.ukwww.zymol.co.uk

the waxes start at £40 a tub and go into the thousands

starter kit is £99, and i think the complete kits are £200+.........

Ive bought the Zymol stuff from Halfords too, its nice (and smells great) but I dont know whether its better than the Autoglym stuff they sell too. But Im sure the Zymol waxes from the website is better - but expensive!

The bright blue zymol cleaner wax (circa £13) is made by TurtleWax under license. I imagine the £5 car shampoo also is, but not 100% certain.

ive never used used the "expensive" zymol waxes, so at the moment my opinion (if i really have one, having never used the stuff!) is swayed by the many people on www.autopia.org who have.

it seems that a lot of people are convinced by perceived value... ie if it cost more it must be better.

From what i can deduce from the information available to me from places like autopia and www.gurureports.com zymol wax has virtually no durability (3-4 weeks max) and there are waxes that are certainly their equal if not better for WAY WAY cheaper.

however, you guys who have spend your £££s buying your starter kits are in a far better position to judge than me. personally, Ill stick with my S100 (like most of the giys on autopia). Now S100 I CAN testify to!

BUT if youre happy with your zymol, all the best to you... at least your hands will smell of coconut when youre finished.

best wishes

face

From Harley Dealers

OR

You can buy P21S (which is the same as S100) from Alex at www.seriousperformance.co.uk. The polish (GEPC) is £10 and the Wax is £16, IIRC, including free p+p.

Give it a try, you wont regret it.

Face

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah good question. I used Autoglym for a couple of years cos I always get a set free at Donny every year. I just didnt like the polish cos it left too much dust all over the place.

Skoda Fabia vRS

the Zymol wax leaves NO dust whatsoever

the pre wax paint cleaner, HD-Cleanse, leaves very very very little, if any.......

the Halfords Zymol stuff aint too bad, its not as bad as a lot of the others ive used for leaving dust, the trick is to not let it dry too long, do small sections at a time and only leave it a short time