ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£49k MINI Cooper S GP - 32 Miles...

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone local may know the reputation 'Rix' has, it's very mixed.
A lot of cars passing through there are priced hiked POS'. They've sold some rough examples to some friends of mine over the years and there's abit of a running joke about certain cars being 'Rix Cars'.

Having said that the GP looks immaculate but my god, it's overpriced. As someone said they paid around £26k for it a few months ago, it's now a collectors piece.
I would actually be put off a car that's done so little mileage, is there any issues about running it straight away and stacking say 10k on it in a year?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come everyone knows they paid £26K for it??

I would actually be put off a car that's done so little mileage, is there any issues about running it straight away and stacking say 10k on it in a year?

Yea, it'll almost certainly explode (seriously it probably would)

Cam belts have a service life as rubber degrades, it also hardens over time so there's a very good chance all the belts are fucked and distorted.
Various seals in the engine will probably be rough a well, ten years of sitting around dry can cause them to shrink.

Thats before you consider the condition of the bores and other bits that haven't seen (any) use in 10 years.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How come everyone knows they paid £26K for it??

Yea, it'll almost certainly explode (seriously it probably would)

Cam belts have a service life as rubber degrades, it also hardens over time so there's a very good chance all the belts are fucked and distorted.
Various seals in the engine will probably be rough a well, ten years of sitting around dry can cause them to shrink.

Thats before you consider the condition of the bores and other bits that haven't seen (any) use in 10 years.

Thought as much, surely not having much oil flow over 10 years will have affected some bits (even if it's just started and idled every week etc can't see it doing it much good).

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying it couldn't run again, but you'd wanna change alot of the service items and then keep a very close eye for anything untoward.
Not that you would obviously because 33 mile car.