ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60mph times

I thought Clios reved to 18k. Boost FTL IIRC?

Mind you mine always felt like it was about to explode at 6.5k

I certainly wouldn't have wanted a raised limiter in mine! Although saying that, my old man nearly killed it on track. Braked into a chicane and somehow ended up selecting 2nd gear at 80+mph. I instinctively knew he had, and screamed at him not to release the clutch. Luckily he didn't. PMSL no limiter would have saved that. Bits of Clio everywhere.

Last edited:
  Rusty Cup
Last time i pushed on in the twisties i got pretty bad valve bounce but a dab of oppo soon kept the welds on the intake form blowing.

Audi TTS S Tronic
I set the start and end points by going frame by frame: http://ccgi.pendulum.plus.com/mov.wmv
It takes 7.09 seconds from when the speedo needle moves to when it gets to an indicated 60mph on the speedo, from the perspective of the camera.

We all know speedo's tend to overread, lets say 64mph on the speedo is a true 60mph road speed.

View attachment 63723
View attachment 63724
That adds a genuine 1.12 seconds to the time.

So we're at 8.21 seconds now... the book time is 8.4? Now consider in the video, the needle will appear further around the dial than it would to you in the driver's seat because the camera's mounted slightly to the side and further down...

Personally I think that video you posted shows a 0-60 of about book time, give or take a 200 or 300 milliseconds either way.

Incorrect, my sat nav both on my phone and my tom tom both say that @ 62mph on the dash, I'm doing 60mph

Also, I've done timed 0-60s using an obd2 tool and it has recorded consistently low to mid 7s (when my car worked)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Depends...the Puma, it does 0-60 in what, 4.3 seconds? Bro.

Not actually sure. Some one told me it was 7.9 to 60. I told him I didn't care and showed him some Pembrey lap times.

Roy remember 'that' thread? I think you were right.

Not actually sure. Some one told me it was 7.9 to 60. I told him I didn't care and showed him some Pembrey lap times.

Roy remember 'that' thread? I think you were right.

Not sure which thread you mean. Could be one of hundreds. You don't get a post count like this without talking a great deal of s**t.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol!

It was a top fishing thread to be fair. This thread just reinforces your point.. that you can't remember making.

Right.

There is no way a 207 is doing a sub 7 second time to 60, sorry mate - just no.

Worst thread for a while, who does 0-60, unless its to get away from the drive through without paying on a wet wednesday night?

Audi TTS S Tronic
There is no way a 207 is doing a sub 7 second time to 60, sorry mate - just no.

Worst thread for a while, who does 0-60, unless its to get away from the drive through without paying on a wet wednesday night?

You've just made my day!

parkers rate the 207 gti @ 6.9 seconds
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/summary.aspx?model=1532

W
hy's it so hard to believe? Much more torque than a RS Clio.

Simple remap will bring the 207 GTI down to 6 seconds!

Let me guess, you think that the new Polo GTI won't do 0-60 in under 7 seconds? Wrong again... they do it in around 6.5 seconds ... I've seen it done. Even better, they can hit 5 seconds flat with just a simple remap.... from a 1.4!! ... Search youtube for evidence if you need it, you need to open your eyes mate

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
0-60 time for a Peugeot 207 GT THP 150 is 8.4 seconds... I've VIDEOED a standard 0-60 time of approx 6.8 seconds (no it wasn't downhill)... therefore I totally believe it!

You've just made my day!

parkers rate the 207 gti @ 6.9 seconds
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/summary.aspx?model=1532

W
hy's it so hard to believe? Much more torque than a RS Clio.

Simple remap will bring the 207 GTI down to 6 seconds!

Let me guess, you think that the new Polo GTI won't do 0-60 in under 7 seconds? Wrong again... they do it in around 6.5 seconds ... I've seen it done. Even better, they can hit 5 seconds flat with just a simple remap.... from a 1.4!! ... Search youtube for evidence if you need it, you need to open your eyes mate

Do you see where you've gone wrong there?

GTI might be sub 7 sec but not a 150 bhp GT or whatever it is lol. Not that 0-60 times mean s**t though....

Wow made your day? Brilliant.

Who's taking about VW Polos? Who's talking about the GTI?

Pretty sure youve been banging on about your 207, which correct me if I'm wrong isn't the GTI?

I had a Fiesta 1.0 years ago, it wouldn't do 130mhp just because the ST can...

FFS mongs. Now I know why the "idiots" thread exists.

Audi TTS S Tronic
"There is no way a 207 is doing a sub 7 second time to 60, sorry mate - just no."

You've generalized the 207 ... therefore including the GTI...

Regards to the Polo ... this is 0-60 thread on all cars is it not?

Audi TTS S Tronic
FLOL with a remap it would no longer be a 150 would it!! And if yours has a remap don't you think you should've mentioned that rather huge point lol:rolleyes:

No it doesn't have a remap.

But, you're saying that a GT THP 150 won't do it in sub 7 seconds... mods were mentioned on other cars in this thread, so I thought I would too ;)

Yes it would still be called a GT THP 150 (that's its name :evil:) .... a Clio 172 doesn't change to a Clio 162 or whatever just because that's the bhp it comes with.

Ok let's simplify it for you; you claimed your 207 GT will do 60 in under 7 seconds. That is utter drivel, even with videos showing otherwise.

No-one claimed it wouldn't if it had been mapped, as mapping never came into the discussion FFS

Who gives a toss about the Polo GTI?

I'm out.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
No it doesn't have a remap.

But, you're saying that a GT THP 150 won't do it in sub 7 seconds... mods were mentioned on other cars in this thread, so I thought I would too ;)

Yes it would still be called a GT THP 150 (that's its name :evil:) .... a Clio 172 doesn't change to a Clio 162 or whatever just because that's the bhp it comes with.

Then I think I can safely say that yours WILL NOT do 60 in under 7 secs then. The end..