ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 RL 5 Door Clio to 2.0 Megane Coupe

Civic Vtec y0
Well chaps as some of you may know my Clio gave in the other day!! Timing belt snapped, 5 bend valves on a car thats worth a few hundred quid isnt really worth it. Heres my old car... (Click to enlarge)

th_IMG_0894.gif
th_IMG_0899.gif
th_IMG_0898.gif
th_IMG_0897.gif
th_IMG_0896.gif

And the damage!

th_IMG_0910.gif

I was on the look out for a new(er) car any way and went and looked at this one today and bought it! Picking it up next week sometime!!

3960_12.jpg

3e11_12.jpg

4075_12.jpg

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Nice. I've always liked them.

Nicer, subtler colour than the yellow too.

Keep it pretty standard.

Civic Vtec y0
Nice. I've always liked them.

Nicer, subtler colour than the yellow too.

Keep it pretty standard.
Yup keeping it standard, might get it lowered but only a bit.

Really chuffed, was going to get a 1.8 Clio but came accross this and couldnt turn it down!

'Tis the season to change your cars lol :)

Good luck getting it lowered, a mate of mine used to have the same car and had a 'mare of a time getting his lowered. Definately worth it though, think his was -40mm on Apex at the front.

megane.jpg

Civic Vtec y0
Looks a lot better lower i must say

Will see how things go, mostly how money is in a month or two lol

Civic Vtec y0
Looks a lot better lower i must say

Will see how things go, mostly how money is in a month or two lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
no bad.

has the 81k got full service history?

looks nice and standard, which i think is best on the early coupes, looks guid that way

Civic Vtec y0
Yup all fully stamped! Recent new exhaust as well, among other stuff!

Getting it serviced when I get it as well, i didnt really think about the running and servicing costs when I bought it :rolleyes: lol. A lot more than my 1.2 ! lol

Was a bit of an impulse buy, but hey ho! Im sure I will have fun, until I crash and burn!

Civic Vtec y0
watch that petrol gauge.

your edinburgh jaunt will cost you quite a bit more skip
Another thing I didnt really think about lol! Again its an impulse buy lol!

I have figured I will need to sit at 70 now instead of 90 to get close to my current MPG, but then when you have 150 horses under your right foot it may prove difficult lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm well im sure you will enjoy it matey.

i do really like that shape, had visions of getting one at 19, but ended up with the 172 at 20 instead.

im sure as long as you dont boot the hole out it you will get 32-35ish

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate had one of them once. Had a K&N induction kit on it and it sounded the absolute tits!!

brought one of these for the missus, aint cheap on fuel or repairs but they are a good all round car for the money, nice bit of poke to them as well.