ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 tce conversion help????

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
before i start my question doesnt involve save up buy a 1*2 i could afford 1 i simply dont want one yet want to try something a lil different and im not a oh i crashed my car fade out of thread im simply seeking some knoledge on if i choose to go through with it what would i need

right so im considering going for a conversion to the d4ft (1.2 tce) just got a few questions that im not sure of as im unsure whether to just do a complete engine swap or try and convert the standard d4f into the turbo as i know the d4ft engine is a revised d4f so...

option 1 conversion
will i need the d4ft ecu uhc etc or could i use a d4f ecu system and have it remapped to run with the new engine? do they both use the same mounting points/mounts? will the d4f gear box fit or will it be a box change aswell,would the standard clocks/dials run off the d4ft?

option 2 convert
will the inlet manifold fit a d4f? would i be able to get the standard ecu mapped to the new engine or would i have to go down the piggyback ecu route, and where would i be able to get 1? what internals would i need to change? would the d4f's standard head cope with the increase in power. was thinking of having the cams skimmed balanced etc, have the head gas flowed, port and polish. how would i plumb the turbo oil feeds in?

if any of you can think of other stuff please feel free to add some feedback

option 1 conversion
will i need the d4ft ecu uhc etc or could i use a d4f ecu system and have it remapped to run with the new engine? do they both use the same mounting points/mounts? will the d4f gear box fit or will it be a box change aswell,would the standard clocks/dials run off the d4ft?

Not sure if the stock ECU could run it it maybe able to with some tweeks this would be somehting RStunning maybe best able to advise. Im not confident it can maybe using another ECU it maybe abel to ie the new one people use in 172 turbo's which is a sort of stand alone which links and acts like a normal ECU in the car (tahst my quick understanding I maybe wrong).

Dont bother with the stock box though wont handle any extra power.

If the ECU is remaped or a new ecuu is used and integrates ok with the CAN system then dials etc will all work fine.

As for mounts you would probably have to make them not sure not the biggest issue if you know where to start anyway if you have the space etc getting it to run is the bigger issue.

option 2 convert
will the inlet manifold fit a d4f? would i be able to get the standard ecu mapped to the new engine or would i have to go down the piggyback ecu route, and where would i be able to get 1? what internals would i need to change? would the d4f's standard head cope with the increase in power. was thinking of having the cams skimmed balanced etc, have the head gas flowed, port and polish. how would i plumb the turbo oil feeds in?

I think the head has the same flow so yep could possible just swop heads over although the pistons in the noraml engine wouldn't be upto tunning probably as cr will possible be to high. As for ECu same problem as above realy just mount wont be a problem assuming you have clearance.

Turbo feed isn't a huge isssue tap off from the olil feed and drill a hole for the return pipe etc.
if any of you can think of other stuff please feel free to add some feedback

Fit a 172 engine or a VAG/Saab etc

Or a 1.4/1.6 a 1.6 with some mods say 120hp which is more or less a turbo but less hastle to fit.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
as to the pistons on the standard d4f couldnt you get them skimmed or compression rings fitted to lower the pressure?
read on here some where that the standard engine could take extra psi?
realy from what i can gather from searching the main problems are:

lowering the compression of the engine to take the extra pressure of the turbo
and finding out if the standard ecu can be remapped to incorporate the turbo or where could rovide a ecu that would be able to run the system

would be alot easyier to drop a bigger engine in but im thinking from back on my days on sax p people was turbo charging 1.1s on there which where just as quick as the vtr's and some could give a vts a good run for its money.they are in the same boat as the 1.2 16v clios for tuning parts (not much choice) so it can be done. am just thinking is it be possible to scare the boys in the 2 litres while driving a 1.2 haha

as to the pistons on the standard d4f couldnt you get them skimmed or compression rings fitted to lower the pressure?

Yopu could but you'd have to mcheck the thcikness if you were going to do this you might as well fit the whole tci engine

read on here some where that the standard engine could take extra psi?

Noone has realy tried as far as I know the stock intake manifold is poisbly the limit realty

realy from what i can gather from searching the main problems are:

lowering the compression of the engine to take the extra pressure of the turbo
and finding out if the standard ecu can be remapped to incorporate the turbo or where could rovide a ecu that would be able to run the system

would be alot easyier to drop a bigger engine in but im thinking from back on my days on sax p people was turbo charging 1.1s on there which where just as quick as the vtr's and some could give a vts a good run for its money.they are in the same boat as the 1.2 16v clios for tuning parts (not much choice) so it can be done. am just thinking is it be possible to scare the boys in the 2 litres while driving a 1.2 haha

an interesting wayn to be quick would be a motorbike engined car

Saxo tunning was helped by a larger market that clio world hence there was more testing done and development. Corsa is the same there 1.2 16V turbo kits out there.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
hmm like the idea of a motor bike engine problem would have to use a busa motor and id have to do some serious strippage to get the weight of the car down which am not too keen of as im not into track slags that dont see a track very often look plus i give people a lift to work so need to keep the use of the back seats.

was thinking maybe a throttle bodied d4f would be prety cool havent seen it done neither not even on sax p would be a totaly custom job think i could make the inlet manifold plate and weld the bodies to it, what would i have to do about the throttle thou as its fly by wire system if im correct? reckon it would probs be a easyier mod than turbo also trick would be getting it to run smoothly and properly. would rs tuner be any good at mapping it and would it even connect and sync with the d4f?

throttle bodies engine would be interesting its never done as 2.0 engine give much better power and torque and for a better price.

Throttle wise though best option would be to go change everything for a cable throttle system better response and easier. Companies do make ecu which could run the DBW system but its easier to swop it all for cable.

As for ease it won't be easy you'd need a stand alone ecu or similar.

Regadrs your question about rs tunning mapping it Im not sure you could realy get the stock ecu to run the bodies well enough. If you did go for bodies you'd go for a different ecu anyway most likly

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
starting to realy look into the throttle bodie route as it can be done alot cheaper than turbo and also i havent seen it done think it would look prety cool lifting the bonnet of a 1.2 and finding its bodied lol.

so where should i start looking for a ecu system that could run it just been looking at a emerald kit that includes the bodies with it any good?

starting to realy look into the throttle bodie route as it can be done alot cheaper than turbo and also i havent seen it done think it would look prety cool lifting the bonnet of a 1.2 and finding its bodied lol.

so where should i start looking for a ecu system that could run it just been looking at a emerald kit that includes the bodies with it any good?
Before you do this I'd seriously look for a 1.6 engine and use that for bodies if you don't want a 2.0. Being as your going to be changing ecu anyway the only extra cost is a second hand 1.6 engine. plus someone has already done a 1.6 on bodies so might be able to get cheaper bits. Plus say 110hp for a 1.2 on bodies vs 150 for a 1.6 for a few hundred more I know what I'd do

Regards ECU contact re tunning etc see what they recomend or wherver you are going to get the car mapped.

Some places dont like emerald, each mapper has there own preference theres no right or wrong answer.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
so in theory say i went for a emerald ecu how much of the loom would i have to mod/chop or would it be easyier to make a new loom completly.
and would this sort of stand alone unit actualy be able to run the car? this is my main issue trying to find a unit that would run the d4f.

i totaly get where your coming from with the 1.6 option would get more power out but im not realy considering doing it for power its mainly to prove it can be done and also have something nobody else has. but if im realy looking at taking jump with the d4f as nobody has realy tried to do something different with it so a boddied d4f would be very different.

Listerine & Poledo
Sounds like a heroic waste of time, effort and money.

will be interesting to see where it goes though.

Seeing as the Twingo is a Mk.2 Clio, I can't see you having too much trouble whacking a TCE into your Dynamique

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well its that do something different bug i got if somebody hasnt done it yet y not give it a try always been like that time and money i have so y not do it?
and as for effort the reward when youv finished the build look back at your hard work and think i done that makes you forgot the money and time youv spent thats the reward mate.

to be honest looking at the tce option it is alot easyier they prety do just drop in without much ball ache but i want to try do something with the original engine