ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup (I think): Trowbridge, funny stuff

White Horse Business Park in Trowbridge this afternoon about 1:30, driving along in my own merry way and then some loon on the side of the road starts waving frantically at me (thought it was Omar at first!). I realise he is stood next to a 172/182 (think it was a Cup, could have been an Arctic 182 I guess) so I wave like a loon back, cheered me up no end.

Then 5 minutes later I passed it again going the other way (it was moving this time), flashed lights/waved again. Always good to see fellow enthusiastic Renaultsport owners.

Clio Trophy
:cool: Yeah 'ukaskew' that was me dude!!!..lol...i pulled over in white horse bus park to see if me fellow work mate was ok..his mr2 had run out of juice!!! its the first time you noticed me 172 cup!!! lol...artic blue indeed!!!(I was told that by a sales person in renault!lol) mines special!!! LMAO!!! had just cleaned her!! i normally see ya coming along bradley road bout 5.20pm most evenings..i flash me fogs!!...

need more to do the same!!! cool..

p.s. james, you feeling better now!!!..u looked like S**t this morning!!! LOL...

:approve:

Spaced said:
i normally see ya coming along bradley road bout 5.20pm most evenings..i flash me fogs!!...

Really?! Weird, I've never noticed before and I usually spot a Renaultsport a mile off. I finish work (Wilts College) at 5.15 so I'm always heading along there at 5.20.

Quite a few Cup owners give me a wave which I happily return, you were about the 5th in 6 months, its like a little club or something! I've given up on FF Clio's, most look at me as if to say "do I know you?"

Clio Trophy

I thinks it cool man, used to do it in the RS owner's! waving etc that is!..i work on the westbury trading est..hatton house, as we have a bay out there for valeting..and drive home along bradley road.

Idea: ??

how about a small meet sometime, me,u,james,any other real local CS folk,drive to longlete or somewhere to take some pic's???...did notice your 172 was rather dirty... hehehe...perfect day for cleaning yesterday!! prob be good today once mist lifts!!..

anyway glad ya waved/flashed lights back,would have felt like a right t**t if ya didn't! LoL :cool:

Spaced said:

I thinks it cool man, used to do it in the RS owner's! waving etc that is!..i work on the westbury trading est..hatton house, as we have a bay out there for valeting..and drive home along bradley road.

Idea: ??

how about a small meet sometime, me,u,james,any other real local CS folk,drive to longlete or somewhere to take some pic's???...did notice your 172 was rather dirty... hehehe...perfect day for cleaning yesterday!! prob be good today once mist lifts!!..

anyway glad ya waved/flashed lights back,would have felt like a right tw*t if ya didn't! LoL :cool:

Yes I went out to clean it yesterday but realised I left all my cleaning products at the missus place, I'm going to do it this morning once it gets above freezing.

I've seen a Cup on the West Wilts Trading Estate at that big TechPrep place near the Milk Factory, what do you do at Hatton House? Thats the one near the auctions and train station right?

Mini-meet would be excellent, just say when and I'm in. Maybe a Sat/Sun morning? And I selfishly want Freebone to come to as I want a good look at a Valver!

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
^^^lol, no probs ukaskew...i can't make any saturdays due to work and am out all of february weekends...whata bummer...

but i would be up for meeting

Clio Trophy
Glad we got some interest!!..ukaskew, man you need to look out more, I passed you this morning,ooo about 10/11am by mcdonalds on the round-a-bout!! i did flash me main lights!! but no! no flash! no wave!! lol...open your eyes dude! LOL!!!...

how about next sunday for a local meet, will ask jamesrich to bring his valver along too!!!..cool...

Anyone else want to join???...lots of grass to park on in longlete...nice place for pics too..or sheerwater!?...any other idea's post um up!!..more the merrier!!!
p.s. Hatton house, is directly on the right as u turn into the est from hawkridge rd..where we do the valeting for platinum group!!...

I did see you today, I was too late to react though! Oddly enough I'd quite like to be a valeter, I know its not glamorous but I hate sitting at a computer being an office monkey all day, I even envy those guys who maintain the parks and things outside in the harsh winter!

The car park up by Heavens Gate would be a good starting point I guess, usually quiet there.

Clio Trophy
Cool man, am glad you saw me!! lol...beginning to think my cup was invisible..i've work in F3000 and F3 and a few other formula's, but yeah, love valeting, to see a finished product from start to end is cool, love really dirty cars!!!(and women)..also worked for english landscapes, they do most of the grass cutting round trowb, i used to look after the down cemetery, did everything!!!... Can put a word in if you really want to be a valeter, but take it from me the money aint great...the motor trade don't understand what we do!!!!!...keeps you fit tho!!!....

Sounds good for heavens gate, there's a car park there!! and ice cream van!!! cool!!!.....

have aske me boss to come along too he's got a 182 for a bit!.., and also another rte with a trophy!! so we could have a good turn out!!!

Time of meet we can arrange say friday??....looking forward to it man!!

:cool:

Yeah sounds good, I'm pretty much free all weekend so whenever is fine.

Saw you today as well, you must have frickin night vision though, I didn't spot you till you flashed me...I've got new glasses too and can see silly distances these days!

By the by, we talking £15k or more for valeting generally? Never really looked into it but always quite fancied it.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
ukaskew said:
Yeah sounds good, I'm pretty much free all weekend so whenever is fine.

Saw you today as well, you must have frickin night vision though, I didn't spot you till you flashed me...I've got new glasses too and can see silly distances these days!

By the by, we talking £15k or more for valeting generally? Never really looked into it but always quite fancied it.

£15k lol (not in renrod ltd it wont be)

Clio Trophy
ummmmmmm.15k.............no..not at renrod,maybe dick lovett, am trying to get in the ferrari dealership in swindon!!!...

lol yeah i like carrots!!!....looked shiney man!! sweet!..

the only way to make money in the valeting business is to set your own business up, then under cut a main dealership's cost, that way you got work all year round..not many people have their car's cleaned in the winter, unless you have a in door bay...have thourght about it a few times.....

cool..keep on flashing!!! ooooooerrrrrrr

Clio Trophy
Cool, looking good now then...well its a deffo from me, bringing me bro inlaw as he takes good pic's!!..am trying to think of other big open spaces around the area, do you have to pay to drive down into longlete????...don't want to be doing that now do we!! i do know the back roads in!!..but not worth it with a convoy of clio's!! lol...if anyone else can think of another good place from heavens gate, post it up!..i'll have a look on a map!!!...oooooo castle combe??? wonder if we could get in?...hehehehe....

LY R26
salisbury plain? but i think there are exercises at the moment!
i expect my Dad will go if something is arranged.

Clio Trophy
Ash, yeah i asked your dad, oh i'm Ade by the way, one of the valeters!.

Southampton??....what do you think peeps? or do we want to stay local?...

Anyone?.....

LY R26
Ade yea Dad did mention who you were :) ,
I don't think you have to pay at longleat till the 1st april thats when all attractions are open, its just the house open at the mo. Apart from Half term in feb which is 11th ish.

Something real local would be better imo. Trying to think of some big open space, there is a huge free car park up at the Westbury White Horse (Salisbury Plain), nice views too and dead quiet this time of year. Plenty of space to arrange the cars and stuff for pics.

Other than that I'm struggling a bit, nothing in Trowbridge really.

Clio Trophy
Well, am thinking on the same lines really, local would be better, longlelet sounds ideal if we can get in for nothing as ash thinks..which is cool..if not, yeah westbury white horse, or there is a big lay-by on the way to bratton..its a view point !!!..will look at some maps asap....hmm keevil airfiled?...hehehehehe...

are we planning on eating and drinking or just out for camera's and flasks! LOL!!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yeah would rather stay local to...i will check with my sister on paying to get in...she may know as she works in centre parks...

are we gonna meet prior to going wherever we go...asi am coming from shepton mallet way..

If we are going for Longleat/Shearwater/Heavens Gate whatever we can meet at the services where the A36 and A350 meet (BA12 7RU, Multimap)

If we are starting at the White Horse/under the White Horse at Bratton etc we could meet at the same place I guess, its only 1 or 2 miles away from there.

I don't mind what we do to be honest, if Longleat is possible then that seems to be the favoured option. Then we just need to sort a time!

Clio Trophy
Well, time, how about say 1030am-11am?..at the granada services? outside warminster as ukaskew has mentioned. think that's a good meeting point, in the car park or truck park?...truck park if not too many trucks!!! LOL..and we'll progress from there??...how's that sound?..everyone can stock up on provisions at the garage/burger king..mmmm...mines a whopper!!!!...

(Hope my new 172 cup badge arrives by then...on my driver's door, its a 17 cup!!!..DOH!)

Spaced said:
Well, time, how about say 1030am-11am?..at the granada services? outside warminster as ukaskew has mentioned. think that's a good meeting point, in the car park or truck park?...truck park if not too many trucks!!! LOL..and we'll progress from there??...how's that sound?..everyone can stock up on provisions at the garage/burger king..mmmm...mines a whopper!!!!...

(Hope my new 172 cup badge arrives by then...on my driver's door, its a 17 cup!!!..DOH!)

Sounds good. I have spare Cup badge, can you cancel your order or is it too late?

Clio Trophy
Yeah!!!!! only need the number 2!!!..i got a spare,but was the one that they used the '2' from when they replace it when i got her!..how much you want for it dude?..

better clean me car saturday then!!..(again)..lol..hopefuly getting me wheels and calipers painted too!!!..nice!!..happy day's...

:cool: anyone got a frisby?...lol

P.S. Any female CS members want to join us more than welcome!! always nice to see more people!!!...;)

Just a couple quid for the badge is fine, I didn't want to rip someone off on Ebay so at least its going to a good home now! Will need to dig it out but I know its here somewhere.

I've put a post in the meets forum to see if anyone else is interested. Oh and I think Longleat is a tenner when the house is open, not 100% on that though.

Last edited:
  Clio Trophy
Thanks dude, will bring me cash!..so just to sum up then,

Sunday 29th Jan.

Meet: Granada Services outside warminster
time:10:30am-11am
Visiting:Longlete,heaven's gate,sheerwater,westbury white horse, and anywhere else people want to go!! lol...

Items to bring:Camera,Food,Drink,Coat,Hat,Scarf,bobble hat!!!! lol..frisby,football?..lol..like a day trip init! LOL ..oh don't forget your CAR!!..:cool:

Clio Trophy
D O 4 7, meet a the granada services first dude, then prob head to longlete etc...more the merrie!!!!!!!!!!!

so, so far we have coming...

ME!...