ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 magnecor leads

M235i / 172
Ok guys, where the cheapest place to get some 8mm leads?

I found awsomeGTI are cheaper then k tec but the awsome website is crap and keeps messing up when i try to set an account up.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I was always told to stick with standard as they were good quality (same with teh plugs), just don't look as pretty :p

Cant ye phone or email awesome gti?

Your right the standard leads are probably better but they dont have the "bling" factor

M235i / 172
I dont want to pay the reno price tbh, and can i just ask, people just say stock are better, how is this proven?

Renault Clio Sport 172
had a number of issues with my 172, and have come to the conclusion renault stock parts are the best, most suited, and built for the car. Ok so they arent as pretty, but they're designed to give you the best out of your 172.

172 cup'd extreme
i had magnecor's and they used to arc when it was very wet changed back to standard and the car was fine, magnecor didnt want to know usual "ours are the best" "must not have installed them correctly" blah blah but they just dont fit around the coil pack and they dont fill the plug holes like standard leads.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont fit the plug holes as well as the standard leads i also noticed that when fitting some for my mate. they do look pretty but the renault ones are expensive for a reason

Renault Clio Sport 172
seriously mate, renault parts are better..i'm having to fork out for another new exhaust because I went outside of renault. Like what Martin aboves pointed out, I think that unless you get the exact fit parts from renault you won't be happy with the performance or sound of your car, thats why they cost more. It's up to you what you do, the lure of cheaper parts is very attractive, but from my experience you only end up regretting it and spending more to make it perfect again.

PH1 172 Sport
^^ you should get a stainless exhaust system which will come to around the same price as a full renault system but itll last more than a year!!

M235i / 172
Hmm people saying they dont fit as well has kinda put me off. Im buying a new coil first, but will need leads so will get them after, thanks for your input guys :)

Ph1
seriously mate, renault parts are better..i'm having to fork out for another new exhaust because I went outside of renault. Like what Martin aboves pointed out, I think that unless you get the exact fit parts from renault you won't be happy with the performance or sound of your car, thats why they cost more. It's up to you what you do, the lure of cheaper parts is very attractive, but from my experience you only end up regretting it and spending more to make it perfect again.

Thats not quite true. Ive got loads of performance parts that are a vast improvment on stock, exhaust as youve mentioned included.

Just in the case of spark plugs and leads, stock has be found to be best

a thirsty one
i was looking at the engine gdi have built for matt in his time attack clio which has everything from forged bottom end to bodies and it runs std leads.