ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 2.5k misfire/bog.

Hi folks,

My 182 bogs down and has a slight misfire for a second if given WOT at 2.5k. If I accelerate on partial throttle through the same rev range I don't get the issue but floor it at anything below 2k and it will bog down badly at 2.5 every time.

I have changes the plugs for the proper NGK items, the coil pack,HT leads, a whole new fuel rail with injectors and both o2 sensors. The car runs much nicer but the issue still remains, the car also stalls sometimes when given full lock and going very slowly.

Having a play tonight I found a strange 3rd cable in the wiring going to the knock sensor that was bare copper, could the knock sensor cause these issues or maybe the power steering sensor?

Cheers.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Reading fault codes is like looking at a fit woman in a night club... And she wants you. You know she's a f**king bunny boiler with sever daddy issues but you don't know the full story and she will infact cut your c**k off and shove t in your arse whilst you're sleeping!

You need to understand a few things which will allow you to read between the codes and make an educated decision.

BG V6, LY 182
@Stu- anothe one!

I don't have a code reader at the moment Mick,might come over to you and get it plugged in.

Before you go to a garage and get it plugged in, try one of these wireless readers, i cannot recommend it enough, it reads codes, clears codes, give you live information about the car i.e how rich its running, instant mpg etc. Some pretty cool features too. All you will need is an app called 'CMD' from the app store, its a few quid i think. But well worth it. If you want some screen shot i have some i can post.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-WI...ltDomain_3&hash=item232d50d447#ht_3745wt_1275

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Don't clear the codes!

I cannot stress this enough as generic readers cannot see what we refer to as "contextual Information"

This is snap shot information of key live data streams which the ECU uses to class the issue as a fault and raise that fault. Clearing this info makes it harder to track.

BG V6, LY 182
Don't clear the codes!

I cannot stress this enough as generic readers cannot see what we refer to as "contextual Information"

This is snap shot information of key live data streams which the ECU uses to class the issue as a fault and raise that fault. Clearing this info makes it harder to track.

Yeah i didn't mean to suggest he cleared the codes. But some info on there is useful, and a good starting point if it pin points the miss fire to a cylinder.

Just out of interest mick, i had a reader say 'Cylinder 2 missfire'. If it was plugged into yours, what more can you see on it?

dan's cast offs.
But some info on there is useful

and a little knowledge is a dangerous thing:wink:

cheapy/generic obd readers are next to useless. they can and do miss a hell of a lot. i tried an rs tuner on two phase 1s, both had management lights on yet it didn't bring up any faults.

I'm certainly not new to a set of spanners so I think if I had the codes read I'd stand a good chance of working out what the issue was, at the same time it might just be easier to come to you Mick and get you to look over it, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just out of interest mick, i had a reader say 'Cylinder 2 missfire'. If it was plugged into yours, what more can you see on it?

We would be able to see realtime misfire % rates per cylinder along with average misfire rate, actual knock correction and timing advance values fella. I didn't mean for that "Don't clear the codes" line to sound like I was singling you out either, it was intended to the OP