ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Idel!

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Hey do any other 182 owners notice that when sitting ideling the engine changes speed slightly. Makes it sound like its not tuned completly right ! Or maybe its not ! Cheers Ben

Its nothing to do with the VVT controlling the timing (that only activated between 1.6k and 6.5k and then its only under certain conditions) its just the way the cars mapped.

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
thought it might be the setup of the car, when tuned highly i know it can mess up idel . Mine an 05 182 cup with 8000 miles. Just idels under 1000 and drops very slightly every now and then !!! runs fine thou !

clio 182 black /gold
When i picked mine up i said to the sale man it sounds noisy and lumpy for a new car, and he said yes it is a high rev engine so thats normal

tiTTy & SV650
edde said:
Its nothing to do with the VVT controlling the timing (that only activated between 1.6k and 6.5k and then its only under certain conditions) its just the way the cars mapped.

oops, always thought it was the VVT :eek:

The cars not very highly tunned realy. The idle is affected by what you have turned on CC affets it also electics liek lighte stec as they put load on the alternator (hence why the engine revs up when you stick CC on).
My car should be lumpy if anything with the quite extreme cams its got way more than what any 172/182 runs but it idles perfectly at 900rpm.
its hould idle at 800 plus or minus 50 however more load makes the engine rev move also if its cold.
rory 182- a lot of people think this.

tiTTy & SV650
put the air con on by mistake and u crap it when u see the idle lol happened to me the other day.

my 205gti idled rough as fcuk too

TDI tyre shreader
mines quite bad aswell some people have even asked me why it runs so rough, dont really notice it anymore tho

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Mine feels lumpy and like its miss firing ever so slightly at idle but the needle doesnt seem to move about, Sits nicely on 900 rpm (Give or take 50 Rpm, If lights CC Heated window etc are on) Its just the way they are.

It Idles a 15OO RPM when you first start it up and its really cold but as it warms up the drop back to normal. Just the auto choke adjusting

My 172 idles iratically but its not that bad I just put it down to the nature of the engine as a lot of people state it. I think its one of those things we will never know.
I remember when my car idled at 3k rpm :lol: that was a bit of a shock :lol: turned out to be a jammed idle control valve

MY10 R35 GTR
don't worry urself. It's as said above its a Hot hatch engine, they aint supposed to idle quiet, smooth and granny like.....

The cup racing cars sound even worse!!