ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Servicing

Peugeot 207 GT THP
I've got an 05 registered 182 Sport which is currently 9 months old with 6000 miles on the clock. Before I bought the car I asked about the service intervals with each of the dealers I was considering buying the car from. The advice they gave was all the same; every 12000 miles or 2 years, which ever comes sooner.

However, I was talking to the servicing department at Renault Manchester yesterday about something else and during the conversation they told me that my service was approaching at 12 months. I explained that I thought it was as above and that the car would be nowhere near 12000 miles by the time it was 1 year old but the guy I spoke to insisted this only applied to the 172s and that all 182s were either every 12000 miles or 12 months.

I've checked my servicing book, which confirms 2 years or 12000 miles. Can anyone confirm which is right as the last thing I want is to let the servicing slip. Thanks. Rob :)

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Excellent thanks guys. Think I'll take a copy of that with me when I go in later in the week.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Before I originally started this thread, I emailed Renault Customer Services to ask them to confirm the servicing for 182s. They phoned this morning and confirmed that Clio 182s require servicing every 12000 miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. Just thought you might like to know given that I'm not the only one that's been told incorrectly by one of the main dealers.

Rob 182 said:
Before I originally started this thread, I emailed Renault Customer Services to ask them to confirm the servicing for 182s. They phoned this morning and confirmed that Clio 182s require servicing every 12000 miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. Just thought you might like to know given that I'm not the only one that's been told incorrectly by one of the main dealers.
Renault even print the new car service books saying the wrong information.
The amount of 18k serviced 172/182 is quite supprising.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
LOL, I can believe it. No matter what they do though, Renault dealers could never be as bad as Peugeot dealers. I've still got the scars! :D

clio 182 black /gold
In my book it says 12K or 2 years. I can,t see how a engine needs so little amounts of change. Does the engine not wear and create fillings in the running in period? When i worked in the garage they said an oil change should be done in the 1000 - 1500 miles, what has changed?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lots of confusion as usuall with renault dealers.Its 12k or 2 years mate.However i would'nt leave mine that long.Ive done 5.5 k and had an oil change in jan just for peace of mind.
Most garages who are private will do you oil and filter for around 40 quid.Mine was done using my own oil and filter and he charged a tenner.Well worth it and you get a receipt

ian

ian

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Yeah, that's how we got onto the subject of servicing. I phoned to book my car in for a minor problem that needs fixing under warranty and I asked what they would charge for an oil change whilst they had it. It was when the lad on the service desk was taking the details of the car to book it in for the warranty work that he told me not to bother getting an oil change as it'd need servicing in a few months anyway. Obviously it doesn't as it'll only have about 8000 miles on the clock when it's 12 months old.

Renault Manchester quoted £70 for an oil change so I'll just buy a new oil filter when the car goes in later this week and I'll ask my local garage to do the oil change. I know the manager really well so it won't be expensive. Just got to decide which oil to buy now.

Rob 182 said:
Renault Manchester quoted £70 for an oil change so I'll just buy a new oil filter when the car goes in later this week and I'll ask my local garage to do the oil change. I know the manager really well so it won't be expensive. Just got to decide which oil to buy now.
Silkline Pro 5-40 is a very popular choice.
£70 for a chnage is a rip off £20 for the oil £1 for a washer the rest albout even with a filter its only £7.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Yeah, that was the oil I was thinking of getting after doing a search on here earlier today. I've not tried to buy the oil yet, but is that the usual sort of retail price for it? I did only a very quick search on the internet for it and the result that came back was around £40.00 for 5 litres.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Rob 182 said:
Yeah, that was the oil I was thinking of getting after doing a search on here earlier today. I've not tried to buy the oil yet, but is that the usual sort of retail price for it? I did only a very quick search on the internet for it and the result that came back was around £40.00 for 5 litres.

That's about the right price for the oil, i ordered mine last night from the oilman for £39.99 inc delivery. I think he posts on here and also you sometimes get discount if you're a cliosport member.:)
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

Peugeot 207 GT THP
That's the site I was looking on. lol.

Is 5 litres enough for a full oil change or do I need to order more?