ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 weight loss

clio sport 182
Thinking of going the full interior out route on my 182 ready for the track days. Does anyone know the total weight loss if i was to strip it all out ???

106GTI / NovaC20LET
depends if your gonna replace standard front seats with lightweight buckets or not? Are you planning on going full on? dashboard out etc? or just some light stripping?

172 5HED
If you are going with roof lining you may as well go the whole hog!

Our track car had tons of weight in it but we went to the extreme!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
There is a fair bit to be lost, i havent weighed everyting i have removed but saved 35kg from just the rear of the car, seats, rear cards, isofix bar etc etc. Plus with yours been a 182 and not the cup you will stand to lose more than that. Front seats weigh an abosolute ton! The cup drivers seat is like 25kg alone, so i imagine the 182 half leathers are around 30kg. As for removing the roof lining, you might aswell if going all out but if your gonna leave front door cards and dash in, prob not alot of point taking roof out only weighs about half a kg and is a bit of a b**ch to get out.

clio sport 182
Ok so rear seats, Front seats, Carpet. rear cards. What sort of gain in BHP would i accumilate?? As they say lightness = More horses.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I think its something like every 7kg you lose is the equivalent to 1bhp, not 100% on this tho. But by that ruling if you can get out about 60kg of weight, which is very possible then you'll be looking at around the equivalent of 8bhp gain :D

Definately worth doing in my opinion, if you can handle the rattles and looking slightly like a pikey lol. It doesn't personally bother me, i generally think the clios look nicer stripped lol :S

There is a lot to be lost. Mine was pretty stripped, now I've taken the full dash out ready for a cage to go in. I was surprised how heavy trivial items like the carpet were! And I had Recaros, which are like 35kg each, lost a fair bit there swapping to light weight buckets.

clio sport 182
Carpet is more heavier than you think isn't it. I can remember stripping my mates evo 7 for track and the carpet weighed a ton. Well not exactly a ton lol.

Stripped yozza'd cup
there's loads of weight to be saved if you want to get serious with it.... the sound deadening is the first thing that needs to go.... seriously heavy stuff that.