ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2010 clio dci on spax adjustable dampers

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Lowered my car on spax -45mm springs with adjustable dampers, set to 8 clicks front 4 rear. Having replaced the drop links and top mounts at same time, then having to replace a inner steering arm and lower arm i still have an annoying knock from the front n/s nothing is loose and is all torqued to Renault specs and spax spec for top damper nuts. Having searched it seems clio 200s have an annoying knock on the same side too. Just wondering if anyone else has a knock with really hard suspension on the non sports?
I have checked the rack, the roll bar bushes etc. just doesn't seem to be any play anywhere :(

Clio grandsport
Might be wortg stripping that side again checking everything's tight and how it should be if it wasn't there before something may have been disturbed.

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Already done, think I might have to live with it. Handles like it it's on rails. Guess something will go if it's definatly a fault. Has anyone with coilovers had this?

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Quick update on this! It was the rack! The inner bush on the n/s had collapsed. Was picked up at mot as the inner arm but given they had only just done it I took the boot off and no play. Holding the steering rack arm there was definite movement up and down.
Being replaced tomorrow. Fingers crossed the knock is gone