ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

250gb external hard drive - pricing error!!

Re: Dell - Got to be the wrong price!!!

They've made mistakes on there site before and they don't honour the order. They send you an email stating there was a mistake blah blah.

R35 GTR

They've made mistakes on there site before and they don't honour the order. They send you an email stating there was a mistake blah blah.

as soon as i get the order confirmation payment thingy they have to honour it.

dk

911 GTS Cab

no they don't, until they send you the confirmation that the money has changed hands and the item has been passed to processing they don't have to do anything.

The contract is not sealed until the final stages with a web order, this is to ensure retailers cannot get stung with things like this, they have only accepted once they have taken your money, until then its just an offer to buy.

306 TD Slut

i purchased 2 one for me and probably flog one off on the intranet at work.

can't be that one as it's not firewire

They don't, it's not a contract.

Even says it in the disclaimer in their email.

dk

911 GTS Cab

which is exactly what it says in my order email.
--------------------
[FONT=arial,] Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an Order Confirmation, which will contain your customer number and order number.[/FONT]

--------------------

until you get that they don't have to sell it.

which is exactly what it says in my order email.
--------------------
[FONT=arial,] Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an Order Confirmation, which will contain your customer number and order number.[/FONT]

--------------------

until you get that they don't have to sell it.

Goes on to say:

[FONT=Arial,] Dell will not be responsible for typographical, pricing or other errors and reserves the right not to process orders based on such errors. [/FONT]

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150

Says on order acknowledgment:

Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an Order Confirmation, which will contain your customer number and order number.

I assume this is when you will know if your gonna get them?

They will not deliever on this if the price is incorrect and they are aware of ti (which they will be due to the unforcast orders they are now receiving)

Heres just on example:

http://www.out-law.com/page-4106

According to reports, Dell also pointed out in this week's apology that its standard e-mail order acknowledgments do reserve the right to cancel orders resulting from typographical errors.

I've been through this before with them, they cocked up on a custom build PC where adding a processor was -£290 or something. The didn't honour the order even though I had confirmation.

R35 GTR

the email i meant was the delivery confirmation one, to say payment has been taken and when they will be delivered. That is a contract afaik.

Just waiting now. I'm tempted to set them all up and try to fill them with p**n.lol.

the email i meant was the delivery confirmation one, to say payment has been taken and when they will be delivered. That is a contract afaik.

Just waiting now. I'm tempted to set them all up and try to fill them with p**n.lol.

Ive just got a 2nd confirmation email.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Dear Mr.Chris Embleton,

Confirmation of your recent Dell order is attached.

The Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 21-AUG-07.

To check on the progress of your order please click on this link: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/order/emea/OrderStatus.aspx?c=uk&************************

Please regularly check the Email address you supplied for up to date information about your order.

For answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions please go to: http://www.dell.co.uk/help

Thanks,

Online Order

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I just got a 2nd email to.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

but......

Your order is in Pre-Production Phase: Pre-Production

Pre-Production

We are checking with our suppliers that the items you need are available.

Supplier 1
Order Status: Your order is being processed with our supplier. An estimated ship date will be available once the order has been accepted by our supplier.

Qty Product Description Dell Part
7 Iomega Hard Disk Drive Hi Speed 250GB USB 2.07 FireWire 7200rpm External - Retai A1241806

(I've highlighted that red by the way not them)

R35 GTR

Got mine too! 5000GB for £312.....all for my personal w**k bank.

VRS
"Prices and specifications are correct at date of publication but subject to availability or change without notice. Dell cannot be responsible for errors in typography or photography"

does that mean they can charge u full price after its been ordered?

Da

Less
No Andy, but they can decide not to sell at the advertised price and 'offer' you the product at full price.

R35 GTR
"Prices and specifications are correct at date of publication but subject to availability or change without notice. Dell cannot be responsible for errors in typography or photography"

confirmation.JPG

This says the contract is binding now.

Maz

LY 200
They can just turn round and say they are out of stock can't they ?

Had this happen with a phone deal and couldn't be arsed arguing with them about it but if you stand your ground your in with a better chance.

View attachment 22013

This says the contract is binding now.
Yes, it is binding, butn Dell are not responsible for typo's as stated in their T&C:

Prices and specifications are correct at date of publication but subject to availability or change without notice. Dell cannot be responsible for errors in typography or photography. Save where otherwise specified.

You are now in a contract with them to purchase the goods, however, if that price is a typo then you will probably recieve an email soon stating the price is incorrect due to a mistake but you can purchase it at the correct price. As you have a cooling off period you can refuse this and terminate the contract.

Who knows though, they may not notice and ship them. You've got nothing to lose either way.