ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

30-70 mph in 3rd

MG ZS180 Mk2
I have just timed my MG ZS180.

1/2 tank petrol, boot full of lawnmower, strimer and stuff and got 7 seconds dead.

Might be getting a 172 for my wife in September so will have to time that as well.

MCS R56
I find it amusing that this car must be a fast one! Sounds like it's found 30 odd bhp from somewhere to get this time of 6.5 secs. How was this time recorded?

Mk2 172
I find it amusing that this car must be a fast one! Sounds like it's found 30 odd bhp from somewhere to get this time of 6.5 secs. How was this time recorded?

Timed mine with bodies and is about 6.5 but after that is where it starts to come alive cos thats where it starts to make the power :)
Andy at GDI had my car yesterday while he was up at omex for the day. Hes tweaked the map a bit and omg its made a huge difference to the drive of it. I thought it was good before but now its just epic. Throttle response is superb :)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
Standard should be from around 8.5-9sec. To take 2secs of that time it requires a bit more power then just saying its a quickun out the factory.

look forward to seeing a vid if you got any?

Black Ph2 172
trying to upload video but becuase it was done on a samsung phone (which doesn't use Real Player) the video will not work on my PC???

M

mini-valver

I'll do one in the VTS later, just to laugh at the lack of torque, lol.

M

mini-valver

I'll do one in the VTS later, just to laugh at the lack of torque, lol.

VTS isnt much slower from 30 - 70 then a clio sport... its only after 80 where the clio sports extra power helps.

Not in 3rd from 30 it isn't. For the VTS to match an RS you need to be in 2nd or even 1st at 30 (mine hits 45ish in 1st and 70 odd in 2nd), any lower gears will be pap as theres nothing happeing below 4-5k rpm.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
VTS isnt much slower from 30 - 70 then a clio sport... its only after 80 where the clio sports extra power helps.

Not in 3rd from 30 it isn't. For the VTS to match an RS you need to be in 2nd or even 1st at 30 (mine hits 45ish in 1st and 70 odd in 2nd), any lower gears will be pap as theres nothing happeing below 4-5k rpm.

yep I see what your saying but its the same with the clio sports. both are pants until it gets to about 50. The Remap I did for my ph1 172 did wonders to the mid range pull along with the matched inlet/cat back.

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
Off out later, there is a nice straight flat bit of road that I will be going on. I'll try it in my standard 182ff and take a vid.
I can imagine it may take a while as you are starting out with naff all revs.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Sorry to pull up an old thread but I'm sure this will come up again.

The 5.8 30-70 Autocar got was using 1st,2nd and 3rd basically from the 0-whatever Sprint they did. 2nd to 3rd is mid 6's in a 172 cup or 182 and 3rd is mid 8's. The cup is a few tenths behind in all these increments. Could be down to renaults mild inmprovements for the 182 could be factors on the day. I looked into this because the cup vs Cooper S article stated the cups 30-70 as 6.7 no where near the 182's 5.8. Which seemed odd as the cup beat the 182 to 100 in their tests.

I love my cup but in a 3rd gear pull my re-mapped 206 HDI estate with no intercooler would be still be quite clearly in the rear view mirror and I don't have the 250+lbs/ft of torque of modern day diesels or their traction to put it down.

I do love peaky power bands it's why I went back to basic N/A petrol car.

As we know every sport is different so it's largely irrelevant anyway!

Now time for work.