ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

911 turbo

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
One more little change made today.
With now having fixed back seats the location for the suspension canisters on the rear shelf wasn't ideal for adjustment, so i have moved them onto the cage using a couple of motorbike fork mounts.

Before

dt7.jpg

After

1456439176.jpg

New wheels and tyres , that should be with me next week.

1456446567.jpg

1456446576.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
One more little change made today.
With now having fixed back seats the location for the suspension canisters on the rear shelf wasn't ideal for adjustment, so i have moved them onto the cage using a couple of motorbike fork mounts.

Before

dt7.jpg

After

1456439176.jpg

New wheels and tyres , that should be with me next week.

1456446567.jpg

1456446576.jpg
Is that last photo one bloody wheel? Wider than they are in diameter ffs!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Did you have the standard wheels on before Neil? I love the standard turbo wheels in silver. The side profile was just beautiful, the 996 would have perfect had it not been for the headlamp experiment. My guess is the guy no longer works for Porsche.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I think the new wheel will grow on me , just use to seeing it on the LM's.
The LM's will be going back on justnow as new Cup tyres and wet greasy roads don't mix, get wheel spin at 2500 rpm in 3rd as soon as it comes on boost.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Gally _ When i bought the car i got a set of standard hollow spokes with it but they no longer fitted due to the bigger brakes.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah makes sense. That the 5 spoke sweeping ones? Always remind me of the Carrera 4S ones?

Car looks great, love the colour, seem to be quite a few silver ones around.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Ah makes sense. That the 5 spoke sweeping ones? Always remind me of the Carrera 4S ones?

Car looks great, love the colour, seem to be quite a few silver ones around.

Yip the turbos had the same wheel as the C4's but were lighter hollow spokes.
The gt2 had the same style as well but were a 12" wide rear and were solid spoke.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I love the look of the forrest green GT2 , very rare car :cool:

Dropped my car off in Chorley on Thursday 500 mile drive down and was actually surprised how comfy the fixed back seats were , even more shocked that it did 31mpg on the trip.
Was good to get a look around some of the other cars Nine Excellence have in , was crazy driving into the carpark to see so many 700 - 1200 bhp cars sitting.
I also go a demo of the exhaust I'm having fitted with switchable valves, giving quite or all hell broke loose options. With the valves open 60% of the gases bypass the silencer, so its turbo/ 100 cell cat/6" of pipe out the back lol

15MAS

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 & 911 turbo
I have a 996 turbo parked next to the Clio in the garage! Fantastic machine, I've maintained the full Porsche service history and its eye wateringly expensive. Bought it four years ago before the prices went up. Nudging £100k back in 2003, when a Carrera was c.£60k. The engine is derived from a Le Mans winning GT1, air cooled block with water jackets . Special engine in these cars.
image.jpeg

RB 182 FF
That's epic 15MAS!!! I never used to be into Porsche's until I did a ring trip and suddenly they became more appealing, now I love them... I want!!:smile:

Evo 5 RS
new boots against a set from my fiesta/clio

1457089869.jpg

Fitted two wheels to check fitment , ended up removing the spacers I ran on the LM's

1457089901.jpg

1457089900.jpg

1457089892.jpg

1457089897.jpg

1457089891.jpg

Dare I say, those bring that shell a few years forward. Really suit it. Although I think they would look better in silver. :)

Awesome car, a credit to you

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I run 315's on the LM's and 305's on the ch-r's but the cups are like a lot of track type tyres and are actually wider than the measurements suggest.
Scary thing is it already use to try and spin up in 2nd and 3rd in the wet , and after these mods I could have upto an extra 100bhp lol

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Well picked the car up from nine excellence today after its 9e30 conversion. All i can say is WOW .

The car is totally different from the previous K24 set up ,with the power delivery now being so smooth .

The 500 mile drive home had a mix of weather from sun to tropical style downpours so never got a chance to fully test the power, but will say the way it pulls in 6th from 7:) mph to 14:) mph is staggering.

Its almost funny watching the boost gauge go from 0.1 Bar to 1.3bar in a blur.

With my car already having some other breathing mods it is making boost earlier than the normal conversion so 9e recon it should crack 0-300 kph in around 28 sec.

1465740068.jpg