ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A old dude lol in 182 silver near ringwood

Clio 172 Phase 2
This thread has got a bit silly.Who cares how old you are, really?​Drive what you want, whatever makes you happy IMO.

exactly. I didn't have a pop at the oldies. I'm just saying that by time I reach 30. I wana be driving a car with over 300 horse

Clio 172 Phase 2
The "oldies" are the ones averaging out the 1*2 insurance costs, or would you prefer everyone to be under 25 paying £2k premiums?
How would old people buying insurance make it cheaper for young lads lol.
U don't change the size of the engine haha

banther

ClioSport Club Member
My presumption when I see a slightly more mature chap driving one of these is that its his "toy" car (better than the classic mid life crisis MX-5 surely?!?) and that day to day he drives something tame like a big Audi / Passat / 320d.

Clio 172 Phase 2
My presumption when I see a slightly more mature chap driving one of these is that its his "toy" car (better than the classic mid life crisis MX-5 surely?!?) and that day to day he drives something tame like a big Audi / Passat / 320d.
Yea f**k a mx5. That's just diabolical hahahahaha
yea got love a diesel BMW

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
What are you kids like eh.. Look at me in a bloody sleeper. . Mid life crisis is it?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
My Dad has a 205 GTI at 57 years old that he pours far too much love and affection into!! Make of that what you will.

At the weekend he will take that out with him at the weekend instead of his "waft - mobile"

The "oldies" are the ones averaging out the 1*2 insurance costs, or would you prefer everyone to be under 25 paying £2k premiums?

LOL yes it lowers the average price paid , that means the youngen's are all paying the high price!

our anual prices this year

S4 cab - £395 comp
172cup - £365-comp
911 SC - £184-comp

so us oldies arn't saving the youngsters , its you lots making them pricey !!

​oh and wife uses the 172 cup as a daily , though we are younger than Mr Hunter .......Just

oh and our 172 cup replaced a mint 205 1.9gti

Clio 172 Phase 2
My Dad has a 205 GTI at 57 years old that he pours far too much love and affection into!! Make of that what you will.

At the weekend he will take that out with him at the weekend instead of his "waft - mobile"
1.6 or1.9 ? I has a 205 1.9 with a 1.6 gearbox. Ripped a ass of a ball bag. Stupid quick !

On a funny note I see a show on tv where this American lad made love to his car. And blamed it on his dad not being there when he was growing up lol. Think it's on YouTube called strands obsessions

Yeah like my dads 44 and he's swapping his Seat Altea for a very sporty.... ix20 ¬¬ They're so ugly, I wish my dad was into cars and cruising in his german barge or hot hatch depending on your view :p lol!

182 FF
Just went back to 182 after 3 years and I'm 38 this friday, must say it seems smaller & faster and more bumpy than before lol. Haven't missed people driving up my arse either....

Clio 172 Phase 2
Just went back to 182 after 3 years and I'm 38 this friday, must say it seems smaller & faster and more bumpy than before lol. Haven't missed people driving up my arse either....
It's the worse when people get up ur ass. Winds me up. Got done by a fiesta ST. I always thought cliosport were faster. And it weren't my driving. I'm a racer lol

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Great thread.. Lol

I'm 45, and love having a ph1 172 to accompany the v6 255. Driving around in a family saloon car has zero appeal to me still. Where does it say that oldies have to drive a barge and not have fun behind the wheel of a car. I've always enjoyed driving and I don't see why that would end for anyone just because they're a bit older than they once were lol

182cup & 172 racecar
There's not many car I haven't had over the years, but I don't need a 'barge' anymore. Kids gone etc etc.

Although I got the Clio at a very good price at the time and could have almost doubled my money straight away, I decided to keep it as a run a round.

Now it's the only car we have, and it's perfect.

​I thankyou.

I see a pensioner driving round in a 172 a lot near me. (not you before you tell me to fck off tony ;)). I think the guys a hero.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I would love to see that!!

I think would be more approachable definitely. I gave a thumbs up to a young grotty looking guy the other day in a dusty 182 and he gave me the finger.

​Not in that way.

Clio 200 cup chassis
Hee Hee!
55years old and loving my AG 200. Can accept this thing is difficult to overtake/get away from any spiritedly driven deisel.

But cuts just fine in the "Twisties" giving all the confidence to brake and steer past them cyclists and horses.

XJR for motorway bruising.

172 Cup
I've seen people in their 60/70's driving 182's, focus st's etc. fair play to them. If I'm into it at their age I couldn't be happier!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I saw a woman approx 50+ driving a silver 182 the other day. If anything it made me smile. I did say FairPlay out loud too :)

RB 197
Anyone above 25 is old imo. Never too old for a Clio mind.

​(Just turned 20 fyi)

:-( Ouch that hurt..

There is an old couple (70+) in my village with a 172 which is a 182 rep, they've F1 stickerd it too lol! I heard them arguing at the post office several months ago about who was driving home!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
:-( Ouch that hurt..

There is an old couple (70+) in my village with a 172 which is a 182 rep, they've F1 stickerd it too lol! I heard them arguing at the post office several months ago about who was driving home!

Great stuff! I think it's good

when i had a 5 turbo back in the day there was a mint white phase 2 driven by a lady in her late 60's , always wanted to get hold of it if she decided to sell , however so did the supplying dealer as it was stupidly low mileage , when i saw it out and about it used to get a spirited drive.....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Thats me, Ive got stuff like the sierra and nova with 500bhp or so each, and the turbo clio etc just as weekend toys, and daily I will normally be driving something like a volvo estate or a focus diesel or lately its been a 1.2 corsa thats good on fuel.

RB 197
when i had a 5 turbo back in the day there was a mint white phase 2 driven by a lady in her late 60's , always wanted to get hold of it if she decided to sell , however so did the supplying dealer as it was stupidly low mileage , when i saw it out and about it used to get a spirited drive.....

Yep me also, when I had my 5 turbos always had old chaps giving me the thumbs up :) would love number 6 as a weekend car.

It's nice
How would old people buying insurance make it cheaper for young lads lol. U don't change the size of the engine haha

Being a old chap myself i don't usually get involved in this sort of a thread.
But you my friend are talking like a d**k.

End of rant

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Yea f**k a mx5. That's just diabolical hahahahaha
yea got love a diesel BMW

FFS I must be old AND drive a sh!t car :dapprove:

RB 182 Cup
Almost 46 and my 8 year old 182 is one of the most fun cars to drive I've ever owned.

I get laughed at at work continually, being told to buy a car that is more befitting of my age. I don't want some bland saloon or 4x4, I've always had hot hatches and don't think I'll ever change. Hopefully when I'm 70 I'll be driving around in a Clio RS400 or whatever the power output of quick shopping cars will be then.