ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A question for those who have lowered the steering column

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Hey Guys/Gals,

Hopefully just a quick question for those who have lowered the steering column the burpspeed way (using longer bolts).

Basically, I seem to have two brackets either side of my wheel that appear to be stopping the wheel from dropping when the four original bolts are removed.

I do have a little movement, perhaps a drop of around 5-10mm but these brackets/tabs seem to be stopping the column from going any lower.

I have tried to picture them the best I can, but I guess my question is:

Do you have these on your car? Where they stopping the column from dropping? And if so, did you just bend them / cut them out?

Ideally I want to try get this sorted before Llandow, so I am hoping the above makes sense.

Thanks in advance :)

Alex

vs11js.jpg

1zqvuxj.jpg

jra2qs.jpg

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
I just realised its probably not that clear which brackets I am talking about, so I have highlighted them in this picture.

The more I look at them, the more I think the just need to be bent downwards but it would be re-assuring if someone has done this before could confirm.

do8111.jpg

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Thanks guys,

Just bent one out of the way, and it went easier than I expected :)

Got something to do on saturday now, lets hope the weather is kind!

​Thanks again.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Hi

I need to do this to mine too, might give it a go this weekend as well. Have you removed the top dash to do this and what size bolts are used ?

​cheers

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Yea, remove the top dash so you can get the clocks out (bolts are underneath that).

Bolts are M8.

​Cheers,