ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A tug on the old heart strings.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I saw my old Clio last night (for those who don't know it: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?602260-The-Clio-is-gone).

This car was my absolute pride and joy with no expense spared, and as you can see from the pictures it was a minter.

So last night - wheels kerbed to buggery, budget tyres, paint in very poor condition, a few scrapes and dents and it was filthy. Made me want to drive it away and save it from its current owner.

It's crazy how attached you get to cars, especially seeing as I haven't owned it for 2 years now.

Anyone else seen their old cars about and felt sorry for them? I think I just need to remember that to some people it's only a £3000 Clio.

:(

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
My old flame red 172, sold it in immaculate condition and the next owner stripped it down to track day it, then it became a road car again and it looks shoddy now. want it back to sort it out

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I know how you feel. I'm sure I would still have my 1.2

I actually seen a Fiesta I used to have in Sainsbury’s car park, looking rather poor and scraped :(

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yep, had a Cento turbo when 18 and sold it to someone I knew who crashed it into an ambulance I was gutted!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
My Old Civic died of Low Oil Pressure a few weeks after I sold it................. Oh well.

I know how you feel. I'm sure I would still have my 1.2

I actually seen a Fiesta I used to have in Sainsbury’s car park, looking rather poor and scraped :(

Your old 1.2 was truly awesome looking car! It's a shame it ended how it did.

My old valver got saxo-afied by its new owner. Absolutely wrecked it!! I hope it died and got scrapped.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Quite often see my first car, a 1.2 2005. Looks a shed, stupid wheels, neons, massive exhaust :( poor thing

BG V6, LY 182
Sold my pretty good condition RB182, didn't have a problem for 2 years I had it. Sold to it to a lad in same town, seen it a few times dotting about, hated seeing it I loved that thing! within days it had been in a little bump, clearly didn't look after it.... Within 10 days he blew the gear box. But naturally I sold him 'a dodgey car' and I got solicitors letters....ignored them and nothing came of it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
This mini. Was very nearly my first car, now it lives beneath a cover not far from my house (it was miles away when I looked at it)

Absolute rusty broken heap of s**t but I fell in love with it.

zJpbUXHoNJf1CMJRPa3myjRt7SnVAM6Pelisf_nI1I0

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
The only car I was that bothered about was my first car (a 1982 2.0 GL sierra), all the rest have been just another car. I do sometimes wonder what's happened to my previous cars but would I want to buy one back if it was in bad condition - no thanks.

anyone know if you can buy old licences plate off cars that have been scrapped. I wouldn't mind the plate of my first car.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ill miss the 172 when its gone, but ill also be glad the f*****s gone!

2 years if driving the same car almost every day, its more than just a bit of metal, its an awesome little thing.

Ill 100% have another at some point.

clio 182 sport
Ill miss the 172 when its gone, but ill also be glad the f**kers gone!

2 years if driving the same car almost every day, its more than just a bit of metal, its an awesome little thing.

Ill 100% have another at some point.

What you getting??

Listerine & Poledo
Found my MK2 MX-5 about 6 months after I chopped it in.

Some 'tard had put a sex-toy shifter on it and one of those corsa-toys hanging off the rear bumper. I wasn't impressed, but it wasn't my car anymore

Clio 182 FF
A one-owner Saxo VTR was what I had before the Clio (and was my first car). I still see it around, and knew the people I sold it to :).

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't impressed, but it wasn't my car anymore

See I don't understand that 100%.

At one time, it was a car that took up all of your money, time, patience, sweat & tears. And in return it gave you enjoyment. Even though it wasn't my car anymore, in my heart it still was my car. And to see it like that after the 2 years I'd had with it was pretty upsetting tbh. Sounds to me like a car is just a car to you?

RB 182 FF
I can't believe anyone could let that mint Inferno go to sh it! It was bloody immculate, what a waste! Some people are right twonks when it comes to cars! It's not hard to keep a car tidy ffs! :banghead:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see either of my old cars as they're both written off (only one by me).

Thus avoiding any tugs of the "heart strings."

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I sold my rallye to bendee and he broke it which was a bit of a shame.

I don't know where any of the others have gone but a fair chunk of them are no longer insured so I'm assuming the worst.

FF Racing Blue 182
I must admit i don't get like that with my cars the clio is the oldest/cheapest car i've owned and its the one I've looked after most

Kind of contradicting myself but these wee cars need more tlc

Not bothered me ever .... every owner of the carbon westfield has been in contact as its changed hands but I built it and owned it for 10 years and am still known in those circles

Everthing else has just gone ... seeing them had never bothered me

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I had a fairly tidy Fiesta Zetec S, that Luke sent me a link to a few years ago. It had been turbo'd, but didn't see any pics of it.

TBH, once it's out of my hands, I don't care.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It kills me seeing any Frp, never mind one I used to own! Austria was the best place for it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Whenever an update to my old car gets posted I feel depressed that I could never afford to give it that much attention to detail :(

Clio 197
Only car I've ever been attached to was a 1.4 MG ZR, so so poor to live with, bumpy, harsh, and just downright crude at times, but when the weather cleared and you had an open backroad, no car I have ever owned has compared.

The 197 I own now probably comes closest to matching the 'schoolboy' drive.. But for me.. The ZR had the most personality.

I used to see my old Black 172 (DK04) around Cov after I shopped it in ... that car was evil. Think another member bought it from the trader I px'd it to. Only had it 6 months so no fond memories there!

My old Monaco blue 172 went directly to another member (Oggy172), now it's buggered :-( LOVED that car, it's the memory of that 172 that made me come back to an RS Clio a few weeks back (albeit a nice 182 via R-Sports).

Had it from 18 months old, and the only issues I ever had were the exhaust falling off and the alternator go ... the latter fixed under warranty. Awesome car. Really upset me when I saw it in pieces on one of his threads.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-carried-out&p=9747454&viewfull=1#post9747454

Once also saw my first car around my local area - a 1.0l N reg Citroen AX Elation - but some idiot had put a big bore exhaust on it and butchered the rear bumper getting it to fit.

Last edited:
  ph2 172
I spent lots of time with my dad working on his nissan skyline r33 gts/t, it was 502bhp 500ftlb and he sold it to a guy from scotland. Who a couple of weeks later blew it up and it never made the road again, no idea where it is now.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I sold my old 172 to my best mate. He kindly fitted a new engine, uprated engine mounts, Cobra Daytonas and then sold it back to me for £250 less 2 years later.

I went on to strip it and turn it into a track car. I couldn't let the opportunity to buy it go but couldn't have stripped it had I never sold it.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Couldn't wait to see the back of my last 182.

My Lupo I couldn't bear to sell for years and it would pain me to see it in an uncared for condition or with damage. My friends lupo had so much love and attention, needed for nothing. Sold it and 3 months later I did an HPI check and it was scrapped :/

Wouldn't sell this 182 ever though. So a 182 is both my favourite car to keep and dispose of.