ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All White Now...

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Arrived in this morning after a 10 day detox in a Megane Scenic Diesel!
("The Blue Bus' as the wee lad abtly named it; In fact there were tears leaving it back to the garage as he loved the big blue bus! Fuel economy was great but that was it!)
:p

I managed to get the previous Red 197 sold Friday week ago which was good rather than having it sitting when the new car arrived! (and its staying local too)

Spec: 2008 Glacier White 197 with Recaros, Xenons, White Id Paint, White Speedlines, Extra Rear Tints & Auto Lights & wipers. Got the cherished transfer, a tank of fuel and Mats as part of the deal too.....and it was an extremely good deal believe me! (H)

Whenever Renault gave in to the demand of its customers to do the 197 in White, I knoew I had to have one! And if this one is anything like the last one it should be a flyer too.

They've altered the gear ratios on the new 2008 197s as the previous ones were terrible on the Motorway and the like and I was always trying to reach for 7th! 6th gear at 70 equaled 4500rpm...! Clutch and gearstick seem to have a much shorter throw in them to....

Needless to say I'm chuffed! Followed the wife down the A1 at 5pm in the V6 and it looks stunning on the road!

Few things planned for it so these are literally fresh from the oven!

Yozza decatted system and ITG Filter to go back on, KW V1 Coilovers ordered along with H&R 25mm spacers.

Enjoy!

IMG_0224.gif

IMG_0223.gif

IMG_0216.gif

IMG_0217.gif

IMG_0218.gif

IMG_0219.gif

IMG_0220.gif

IMG_0221.gif

This is the look I've been after for ages! The 'real' Cup racecar

177337890_0aa6c9fd68.gif

Golf R
very tasty.... needs a spoiler i think, a subtle one just to finish off that rear end

is there a noticeable difference in the gear ratios then?

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Gearing...

Haven't really had a good drive yet....was taking it easy to try and keep it clean! Feels smoother and quieter although that may be because the Yozzasport exhaust isn't back on it yet! Been used to that on the previous red 197!

Clutch and gearstick seem shorter? Maybe they are just fresh! And no sign of the lumpy start either! Touch wood the kangaroo issue is long gone!

Forgot how great the standard suspension was! Nearly was cancelling my order for the KW V1s....but it just sits far too high so coilovers definately gonna happen next week!

Very pleased.....already got EP3 aerial, silvervisions, Richbrook Taxdisc holder in Black, and Steering wheel trim fitted....!
:cool:

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
good choice mate are you going for a spoiler
needs it imo

Yeah will probably end up getting the cup spoiler tbh....like the last pic I posted of the cup car!

Any other 197 I've seen with the cup spoiler has been blue or red and hasn't been lowered and it just doesn't work. IMO it only looks right in white slammed on coilovers and spacers....

awesome car and i do like the white wheels but you need the proper font for your number plate! that one looks chavved imo

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I was about to say 'no cup pack?' - but then seen as you have the white wheels, and you're getting coilovers it'd be a bit of a waste of coin wouldn't it hehe :)

As I said on V6.net - it's lovely :) What it is spinning over at @70mph now then?

Dan

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its very Honda JDM looking, red callipers would have complemented the wheels but far play its very eye catching, itll look better when its really muddy up the sides lol

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
if u get it like you aiming would be well nice, love that spoiler and the lowering fills the arches perfect. good choice of colour

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
I mostly spent today - cleaning the car for the second time! God its difficult to keep clean. I'm praying for the nice weather and even then....

Fitted the following: Steering Wheel Trim (Renault Sport Item that should have been standard); EP3 Aerial, Silvervisions, Tax Disc Holder, Removed CLIO badge from rear and fitted ITG Filter....

Just waiting on the KWs and spacers then they'll be fitted along with the Yozzasport exhaust...

And better plates going on this evening too....from my old Red 197. Standard but no gap between the 8 and T....

IMG_0241.gif

IMG_0242.gif

IMG_0234.gif

IMG_0235.gif