ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp mounting spots

2003 1.2 billabong
Where in the boot could i bolt an amp to ? i have it laying down on the floor loose atm and occasionly i brake rca cables due to the sub box moving.

on my old clio ( Mk1 ) i bolted it to the metal on the back seat but it doesnt seem the same in the ph2.

any ideas ??

1.2 16v clio
best bet is to get some mdf and use the boot carpet as a reference for a false floor then you can get some L brackets to secure the box to the floor and screw the amp to the floor :)

2003 1.2 billabong
best bet is to get some mdf and use the boot carpet as a reference for a false floor then you can get some L brackets to secure the box to the floor and screw the amp to the floor :)

sorry for the late reply, cheers pal, i've been meaning to do a false floor but i've been lazy, velcroed it fmdown for the min haha

2012 Clio 1.2
Id have to agree bud. False floors are the best way to go. They look really tidy wen done properly
DSC01824.jpg

Or even build a complete setup.
P1130129.jpg

Theyre both ones i built wen i had my saxo

2003 1.2 billabong
Id have to agree bud. False floors are the best way to go. They look really tidy wen done properly
DSC01824.jpg

Or even build a complete setup.
P1130129.jpg

Theyre both ones i built wen i had my saxo

looks tidy that first pic, thats what i want to do essentially, just with the sub facing rearward and the amp a seperate board to the side or something, i've just been lazy recently haha

clio sold :(
I sorted mine with a quick bodge that I thought might cause problems but never has. I have an alpine Amp an 12" sub
I also couldnt find anywhere decent to fit the amp so I drilled a small hole in the sub box for the cables removed the speaker and fitted it inside the box :p
Only downside is removal for large luggage takes a little longer having to remove 12 screws to get the speaker out first.

2012 Clio 1.2
Depending on sizes etc i know the mrs car we just put the amp on side of sub box sorta makes a diy active sub

ITB BG 182
False floor is easy enough, yes copy the boot carpet but miss the edges off near the rear lights just to make it easier to fit.

Amp or Amps, hide under the floor and sub with box ontop, depending on how big you want the box depends on how much room you want to take up.

Heres my set up.

attachment.php

Under the floor is two amps, 2meters of 0awg, 1.5 mtrs of 4awg, two crossover blocks, a fused dizzy block, rca's x3, 6 speaker connections/wires and other bits too.

ITB BG 182
If you wanted, you could pin a bit of mdf board behind the lining of the rear seats and screw your amp to that but if the amp is anything more than a few kgs, it will come loose.

If your not really fussed on the whole amp and sub set up and just want some bass, then get a pre amp'd sub in a box and then mount a small 4ch under the passenger seat for your other speakers.

2003 1.2 billabong
If you wanted, you could pin a bit of mdf board behind the lining of the rear seats and screw your amp to that but if the amp is anything more than a few kgs, it will come loose.

If your not really fussed on the whole amp and sub set up and just want some bass, then get a pre amp'd sub in a box and then mount a small 4ch under the passenger seat for your other speakers.

im running a jl jx1000/1d @ 500 watts rms 4 ohm atm with a alpine type r in a sealed box, i just want to put the floor in to level it out but i still want access to my spare wheel. but where the box is sitting there atm it slides about occasionally.

i really need to go up to 0awg aswell and put distribution block in the boot as i plan to run an amp for the front components when i get round to it

1.2 16v clio
False floor is easy enough, yes copy the boot carpet but miss the edges off near the rear lights just to make it easier to fit.

Amp or Amps, hide under the floor and sub with box ontop, depending on how big you want the box depends on how much room you want to take up.

Heres my set up.

attachment.php

Under the floor is two amps, 2meters of 0awg, 1.5 mtrs of 4awg, two crossover blocks, a fused dizzy block, rca's x3, 6 speaker connections/wires and other bits too.

nice build mate :) im running spl dynamics aswell :D

ITB BG 182
im running a jl jx1000/1d @ 500 watts rms 4 ohm atm with a alpine type r in a sealed box, i just want to put the floor in to level it out but i still want access to my spare wheel. but where the box is sitting there atm it slides about occasionally.

i really need to go up to 0awg aswell and put distribution block in the boot as i plan to run an amp for the front components when i get round to it
For ease of access, still do the floor build but use some thinner wood like 8mm or 10mm mdf with a 15mm mdf as the top board.

If I can get my ms paint skills going on, I will do a rough sketch or if it gets quiet at work I'll just get a photo if its easier?

1.2 16v clio
I have the 150.4 and the 1500d, might be upgrading to the 3500d next year as the new sub is a bit more thirsty, current one is only 1250rms :eek:

nice i have just bought a 150.4 since im coming from jbl amps i use a s2000-d on 3 gt5s so doing roughly 1500w @ 1.33 ohm what do you think of the 150.4 then?

ITB BG 182
Coming from an Alpine, even though the SPL-D is bigger, I prefer the spl to the alpine. Easier to set up, a qtr of the cost and runs at less than a 3rd of the power compared to the alpine amp that was nearly on max and ran hot plus could only take a 8awg power cable.

The SPL-D's all take 0awg power and earth cables, which is better.

1.2 16v clio
Coming from an Alpine, even though the SPL-D is bigger, I prefer the spl to the alpine. Easier to set up, a qtr of the cost and runs at less than a 3rd of the power compared to the alpine amp that was nearly on max and ran hot plus could only take a 8awg power cable.

The SPL-D's all take 0awg power and earth cables, which is better.

ah cool ive never liked alpine as they are just for people that dont know how to set up headunits so they think they are the best out their for everything lol

Polo + Micra

i'm not defending alpine (well slightly lol) but i highly doubt the spl dynamics uses a 1/3 the power for the same output

remember the gain is not a power dial/volume control;)

ITB BG 182
i'm not defending alpine (well slightly lol) but i highly doubt the spl dynamics uses a 1/3 the power for the same output

remember the gain is not a power dial/volume control;)
When the Alpine MRX35 is kicking out 85w into 4ohms at 14.4 per ch. Yet the SPL-D is 280w x4ch into 4ohms.
Alpine cost me near to £200, it was plastic, the connections came loose and the RCA where at least good. I never got to like them with the new amps. The old V12 amps were great, loved them to bits but the new alpine stuff is all for show and less go.

If i wanted an Alpine amp to the same power as the current SPL-D I would need to spend 4x as much. And if you want their reputation, history and backing then fine, go for Alpine, if you want some thing that will perform and kick? Look else where.

Ground zero, Hertz, some Vibes, SPL Dynamics, JL Audio, Focal, Audison, are the game winners now.

ITB BG 182
i personally wouldnt have said vibe as ive had vibe speakers and they suck lol
Vibe Black Hex speakers are great but Vibe Slicks are cheap, all pretty pop pop shite.

Same with their amps, Vibe Space or Death amps, they are nice and easily powered.

I forgot to add Sundown to the list above for amps as they are MONSTERS!!

1.2 16v clio
Vibe Black Hex speakers are great but Vibe Slicks are cheap, all pretty pop pop s**te.

Same with their amps, Vibe Space or Death amps, they are nice and easily powered.

I forgot to add Sundown to the list above for amps as they are MONSTERS!!

dont worry you forgot about alot of names lol

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
When I had my old sub and amp i just screwed the amp to the top of the sub box lol. Probs not ideal but I was young and didn't have a clue so that seemed the easiest thing to do! I then put some velcro under the sub and on the carpet and velcro'd the sub down and never had any issues with it!

2001 Ph2 172
I'm installing my amp this week and am planning to modify the bracket for the standard CD stacker to hold my amp (Alpine MRX-F65), which will be under the passenger seat. I don't much like the thought of an expensive amp sitting close to a gigantic vibrating magnet!