ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

And so it begins, 1.2 172 swap.

LY 182
and yeah abs and pas are gone, i would have kept them if i had a complete engine loom but i didnt fancy trying to figure out the abs wiring for myself

f*cker as i have no speedo still need to sort something on that
still need to wire the heater blower motor up myself as i have a cc loom
need to wire doors (near enough impossible)

alternator is being mounted on a cup bracket with a shortened belt

LY 182
planned on getting lots done tonight, but fitting the exhaust manifold gasket it shorted on the starter,, i jumped and where my fingrer was through the gasket its bloody near took me finger off,, still debating wether to go hospital lol

more progess tomoz then lol

LY 182
well im incredibly proud of myself tonight, started to wire up the doors..problem i had was the plugs from the 172 dash loom/1.2 door looms dont match up. so i cut the matching 1.2 plugs off the dash loom and set about joining them up. on the drivers side i managed to get central locking and the electric window working (most complicated setup i've ever seen as the feeds run backwards and forwards to the uch twice)
but hey ho im getting there

some pics of the 'plug and play' conversion that people so readily talk about on here

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

LY 182
well tonight i am completely and utterly stumped.
towed it home ready for it to go to renault wednesday for the immobiliser to be coded
and the speedo worked!
fcuked if i know how, as the whole lot came from an ff (had aircon climate control and what not) and i have deleted the abs inc wiring, block etc etc.
i thought the gearbox had what looked like a speedo sensor but ive seen a few ff gearboxes and they all have it

but it works so what a result

LY 182
IT RUNS!!!
bloody well too, all thats left now is bolt the bumper up and roberts your fathers brother

off to the RR lol
may give it an oil change before its officially back on the road, drop any accumulated s**t out

LY 182
everythings 1.2 at the mo bar the engine and box.
its got ebc pads and hc discs and its just 1.2 shocks on eibachs
gonna treat myself to some coilovers just as soon as i decide what im going to do running gear wise

oh i've still got to fit a bias valve and make new brake lines

vids coming once i've figured out how to get them off my phone

Evo 6, E92 320d
I got a deal tonight mate on some 182 brakes, 99p!!!(£15 postage lol) But thats for 2 calipers, discs and i think pads(could be mistaken though). Bargain of the century.

LY 182
not much of an update to speak of, i've fitted a bias valve and sorted the brake lines.

and............

i'll never be satisfied lol.
DSC00103.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

LY 182
another one,
going to be a bit of a back burner project..
going highcomp, h section rods, headwork

etc etc

dont think funds will allow cams but we shall see

Black Gold Trophy
that crank looks f*cked, dont even think that scoring on the journals could be ground out! Are you replacing it or what?

LY 182
its not really scoring its more bearing melted all over it..
i couldnt decide for myself its definately saveable i've seen much worse but it depends what choices of shells i can find.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
the insurance company will still be liable to pay for third party costs if you have undeclared mod's

however, they can try and reclaim costs from you

don't think the police will care if they pull you over if you have undeclared mods for this reason.

dvla might though, as they should be extracting more tax from you