ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex Springs - Are they any good?

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
As you might have seen I'm looking at lowering my PH2 172, but I've decided not to go stupidly low now due to the road conditions where I live.

I have found Apex Springs on eBay - Apex Lowering Springs

Are they any good?

Renault Clio RS182
Apparantly the ride is harsh, so on bad roads i wouldn't advise them! Eibachs only give a subtle drop, but the ride quality is good. With coilovers you get what you pay for.

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
When I had my Astra Coupe I was going to go for Eibach Sportline Springs with Bilstein B4 or B6 Shocks, but not sure on Clio's as this is my 1st one.

I keep looking at K-Tech Coilovers due to the price, as djjonnibgood as you get what you pay for.

Even with uprated shocks the ride is very harsh. They go low but your back will snap. Even coilovers felt less harsh (IMO).

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Had them from new for a year, fairly harsh ride although my coilovers are stiffer, however as you would expect the Apex springs aren't good at speed round corners compared to anything else... even raceland/ktec coilovers which I had on my old car.