ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad day got worse

clio sport
My 172 failed its MOT, Play in steering rack, rear discs, exhaust hanger I also noticed a rip in the alternator belt and the alternator only charging if I put pressure on wires when started not before!.

Remedy
SORN, decided to tackle myself got a second hand steering rack off of a member on here told me it had only done 20000 miles, cup alternator setup (aircon doesn't work anyway)

Started work after six months sitting and it gets worse with every nut I undo or can't undo!

Found most of gearbox bolts loose missing or hanging out.
Upper gearbox mount sheared
Ball joint fucked
Mega oil leak on gearbox
Oil leak on engine possible rocker cover but so much I'm not sure
Air con rad brackets rotted away and worn through radiator + radiator swollen and disintegrating

It's now stripped down, plus air con removed, but don't know if to carry on or lob the whole pile of s**t in the bin!

What do you think guys persevere

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
All a learning curve imo,crack on fix it and more than likely sell it but at least then you'll know the ins and outs and what to look for on the next one :)