ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad To Worse

Been out looking at 172's all weekend and to be honest they have all been rubbish, been to look at 4 cars 3 were covered in dents and scratches even though being described as immaculate and being told they were in tip top condition on the phone and the last one was ideal until the owner told me he had outstanding finance on it, so that one was also a big no thank you.
So i've covered some miles over the weekend looking at 4 complete wastes of time ! Then to top it off my tax has ran out at the end of May and i didn't renew it hoping to of got a new car by now, guess who pulls me over today ? You guessed it Mr Plod, so now i've gotta tax my car and take it down the cop shop along with my producer for them to check i've got it taxed !
I've decided now as i've just stumped up £100 for 6 months tax and i've also still got 6 months M.O.T remaining on my current rust bucket i'm gonna keep it for another 6 months and then scrap it, in which time i'll be able to afford a 182 what with deprectiation and extra savings.

My mate had similar problems when looking for a 172, out of 5 he went to look at 3 were cat d write off's, even though there owners said they were clean and not to bother with a HPI check

M2 Competition
Lol! what was the bit about tax about? You didnt pay tax, its the 10th of the month! You shoulda bought your tax nearly two weeks ago...

Seen loads of good cars about for 6.5k fella, thats a huge amount of money for a 172...

Tbh you should easily be able to pick up a very decent 172 for that money, have you had a look at the ads for cars in the for sale section on here ??

Lol! what was the bit about tax about? You didnt pay tax, its the 10th of the month! You shoulda bought your tax nearly two weeks ago...

Seen loads of good cars about for 6.5k fella, thats a huge amount of money for a 172...

Yeah i know i should, but i didn't want to fork out £100 for a car which i would be getting rid of or trading in when i got a 172, anyways keeping the trusty Toyota "Corrosion" Gti for another 6 months now unless a minter or bargin pops it's head up, it'll be november by then no one will be buying cars and hopefully bargins galore !

So basically you're blaming other people for you not taxing your own car? You should have taxed it, or started looking for a new car about 2 months ago. Welcome to life ;)

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Gutted m8, if u find 1 soon u can take the tax back and get some money back for it, as ul be scrapping it..

So basically you're blaming other people for you not taxing your own car? You should have taxed it, or started looking for a new car about 2 months ago. Welcome to life ;)

I was in Afghanistan 2 months ago :eek: I don't think they've got many 172's up for sale out there. I didn't have the cash either i was waiting for my operational bonus to arrive in my wage pack for my time out there.
But basically i've got slopeing shoulders and Yes i am blaming other people for not taxing my car :D

You won't find an immaculate 172.

Not one that has ventured outside a garage to the supermarket at least.

You won't find an immaculate 172.

Not one that has ventured outside a garage to the supermarket at least.

Thats not good then ! I'm a bit anal when it comes to things like dents and scartches, especially when i'm forking out alot of hard earned cash

Clio 172 mk2
6.5k will get you a good 172....just keep looking.

TBH they are pretty old cars now and your bound to get stone chips and the odd scuff on alloys but that's stuff that can be sorted easily.

Ad

MK2 FRS
i looked at quite a few ph quicks. But as said chips and scuffs are part of life....the mk2s are upto 6yrs old this year. tbh even with a 182 you may struggle unless you get a really new one.

Thing is to get a minter, you have to be prepared to travel.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
definately, i went all the way to cardiff for my cup, was worth it tho, pretty much mint, and a superb price at the time. its all abot waiting...