ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

basic detailing kit and guide?

Clio
Hi, so...basically I have never detailed in my life and I have no idea on the products, but would like to give it a go,
so could someone recommend some basic detailing gear (cheap!) and a guide on how best to apply and in which order
cheers

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Check the stickies, Detailing chat and questions, and the what have you ordered out.

then you'll have an idea of what is to be done and what is needed.

Not a 320d
Cheap, but works.......? Perhaps look at the Auto Finesse range.

I posted some screen shots of baskets you could potentially buy in order to both protect and maintain your car somewhere.

Not a 320d
£200 is more than enough mate, dont think you'll spend that much.

At the end of the day its down to you and everyone has their different opinions and requirements. You need two sets of s**t; The stuff to wash and dry your car properly, and the stuff to protect it.

I still think what I recommended is a good solid winter solution, one that will look good, provide long lasting protection and be economical. FK1000p is a tried and tested sealant and a favorite for winter and Tripple is a great All In One product which will leave a great finish and hide some swirls.

Heres what I'd recommend for washing, as its what I use. I prefer to use a Zymol Sponge but I go through about 4 a year and require a bit more care than a mitt IMO. No better or worse. See Clean Your Car

Wash.jpg

Coupled with the protection stage...

Untitled-6.jpg

PS.

I believe that 90% of the paintwork damage is caused by drying towels, so look after them. Two bucket method during the wash stage will minimise swirls and wash marring, keeping the drying towels clean and storing them in a box when not using them is crucial IMO.

I would change Fk1000p to something like Zaino Z8, easier to use and wont have issues bonding with the finish tripple leaves behind - FK wont last as long.

Clio
cheers for the advice guys, knuckles that kit looks tidy for the price!
ive been nosing on ebay, what would this be like as a starter, ive picked these due to apparent ease of use.
autoglym car shampoo conditioner, autoglym clay bar kit, autoglym SRP, auto finesse tough coat, meguiars lambswool wash mit, foam pad, microfibre towel.
sorry about the list haha

Racing Blue 182
the b*****ds have reduced the price!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_821139_langId_-1_categoryId_165671

i bought that a month or so ago. imo its a brilliant start. you get the basics from that then you can start adding your own bits. i bought a clay bar at the same time and just invested in dodo juice orange crush :)

I like the look of this (I'm a complete novice too). But what I'm wondering is if I bought this, which order would i use the products in and which applicator would I use with each product too!?

Any help guys would be awesome.

(Sorry to kinda thread hijack dude but its relevant to what you wanna know :) might give you an idea as to what order to do things!)

Clio
I like the look of this (I'm a complete novice too). But what I'm wondering is if I bought this, which order would i use the products in and which applicator would I use with each product too!?

Any help guys would be awesome.

(Sorry to kinda thread hijack dude but its relevant to what you wanna know :) might give you an idea as to what order to do things!)

no worries mate thats why im here haha