ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have they ruined the tank now?
I was playing last night and I genuinely killed more people by running them over than I did with the main gun.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it supposed to be though, it's a f**king huge tank.
You see one coming you're supposed to duck and dive for cover, not stroll right upto it and batter it with explosives while it flails around.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Couldn't agree more. Think the tanks in the games I've played have been the top spec hybrid ones. That or I'm going deaf

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. Only a one shot kill from quite close range. Loved that gun. Same with the mg15 storm and a few others in the last update.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_1122.PNG
You can see by this as a comparison to my mate who loves riding tank plane and horsey

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Went into a game with my bro the other night and we got put on opposite teams, screenlooked his position on Ballroom blitz, lined up a rifle grenade and let fly :up:😂 he wasnt too pleased. Then we decided to just run around the map together till the round ended which must've got some wtf looks from other players.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had a round on domination earlier and tried with the sniper again.
Managed a 305 mtr head shot which I think might be my longest on any Battlefield game (I never play Sniper). Had a good little shoot out with someone and came out on top.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm debating getting the premium edition. The maps look decent (as good as they can look from a screenshot /artists impression)

I'll probably get it and the week after it'll be down to £20.

Edit, the fire forest one looks like it could be a c**t of a map. If you are the team heading up hill (from the description) then it looks like a massive struggle. The team looking down could have a massive advantage. Might prove me wrong though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had a cracking game last night, really makes a difference when you are in a decent squad and the tank driver knows what to do.
Probably not a massive score compared to some but it was near 20k, i had a decent k/d and finished second (only the tank driver scored more)

Oh, bought premium too. f**k it. I'll get my monies worth over the year and also managed to get all of the club puzzle pieces in the battle packs which I've put to good use today.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Every single time I boot this game up, I get the black screen / static bug when I join a game.

The loading time is ridiculous as it is, having to endure it once more for no reason EVERY TIME I try and play the game is severely pissing me off!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it supposed to be though, it's a f**king huge tank.
You see one coming you're supposed to duck and dive for cover, not stroll right upto it and batter it with explosives while it flails around.
The thing with the tanks - as with all the recent vehicles within BF games, is the idiotic decision to have them equipped with unlimited ammo. The shell never deviates - but follows an extremely predictable and logical arc path, through the air. It's doesn't take much practice to get those rounds through windows - let alone slapping into a wall and bringing that building down - along with the people in it.

Again, like so many fantastic ideas within the early BF games, EA/DICE have tweaked such 'features' and fundamentally broken a key aspect of the game. BF1 is now even worse with the ability of having a five man crew - offering almost complete 360-degree covering fire and the majority of the crew carrying fecking spanners. I've seen it time an again where a heavy tank is perched on some distant outcrop - lobbing shell after shell into the enemy with impunity. Any slight act of aggression against the tank sees it trundling off while it's being frantically repaired by current crew.

Having some silly token gesture of a gun overheating is not the answer to solving the tanks' imbalance within the game. Why they simply can't reintroduce a limited ammo capacity that the tank then has to roll up near to a supply point (a la BF1942) is simply beyond me. Especially when you reward the same crew with squad bonuses and spotting bonuses. Points galore for doing virtually feck all when the guys up front are getting stuck in.

And don't even get me onto the auto-repairing aspects of aircraft in the likes of BF4. WTF were DICE thinking? :rage:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I prefer the self repairing tbf, makes it a lot harder for the enemy team to pinch your tank which used to happen a lot in BF2. Plus its pretty easy to take out a tank if a few assult players team up, I like that the game rewards teamwork and punishes individual play tbf.

I agree on the ammo, I think they should change back to support guys being able to resupply tanks and teammates while in them.

Right - need to start playing this again after a long break! Im not very tatical - usually like assualt type rifles or submachine guns in more modern games. Need some gun and set up recomendations from you seasoned pros!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Are you and up close chap?

Automatica or mp40 thing

I like the ng15 as it has loads in a mag but over heats half way through.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I like the MP18, stats wise its the worse gun of them all but I find it easy to use and rack up points, you can kill 6 or so guys with one magazine.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer the self repairing tbf, makes it a lot harder for the enemy team to pinch your tank which used to happen a lot in BF2. Plus its pretty easy to take out a tank if a few assult players team up, I like that the game rewards teamwork and punishes individual play tbf.

I agree on the ammo, I think they should change back to support guys being able to resupply tanks and teammates while in them.

Fair point m8 - but apply the same logic to aircraft and add a pilot with some skill - and it's pwnage galore. That J-10 Chinese jet back in the early BF4 days (I think they nerfed it later?). Hit it a few times for about 10% damage and the fecker just thrusts out to some corner of the map, auto-repairs and dumps the single rounds or ordnance that he has left. Returns 15 seconds later with 100% health and a full 'clip' of weapons ready to go.

That's too powerful a unit for a novice player. In the hands of an experienced player (especially if the opposing air-power is equally as novice) - you might as well hand the game to them. Likewise, on a Battlefront game I had last week - a player in a TIE Fighter finished 99-1. Just lol.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
And don't even get me onto the auto-repairing aspects of aircraft in the likes of BF4. WTF were DICE thinking? :rage:

Wasn't as bad as Battlefield: Bad Company 2, where several geezers in the helicopter could repair the thing as it flew around.
The thing became invulnerable if you had 2 men constantly fixing it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Fair point m8 - but apply the same logic to aircraft and add a pilot with some skill - and it's pwnage galore. That J-10 Chinese jet back in the early BF4 days (I think they nerfed it later?). Hit it a few times for about 10% damage and the fecker just thrusts out to some corner of the map, auto-repairs and dumps the single rounds or ordnance that he has left. Returns 15 seconds later with 100% health and a full 'clip' of weapons ready to go.

That's too powerful a unit for a novice player. In the hands of an experienced player (especially if the opposing air-power is equally as novice) - you might as well hand the game to them. Likewise, on a Battlefront game I had last week - a player in a TIE Fighter finished 99-1. Just lol.
I had this issue with a Heli pilot in BF4, he was amazingly skillful, so granted that takes work, but the auto repair saved him a lot. He finished 138-2. I mean WTF.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't as bad as Battlefield: Bad Company 2, where several geezers in the helicopter could repair the thing as it flew around.
The thing became invulnerable if you had 2 men constantly fixing it.
You can still do that now in BF4 m8. Hang out the side of a Little Bird with your welder/screwdriver gadget working feverishly against the bulkhead. If you have a good pilot at the helm you can spend minutes onboard one of those things, racking up points.