ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bead blasting plenum and fuel rail guard

200,182 Trophy, Cup
A bit linked to the previous post on powder coating but I'm wanting a nice untreated finish and wondered if anyone had gone for a simple bead blasting and whether it presents and problems to the mating surfaces etc. Also in removing and replacing are any new gaskets or seals needed

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Bead blasting won't damage anything. Mask off the faces and block off any holes to restrict as much media going into the manifold as possible beforehand. I plan to blast some spare ones I have at work.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
A bit linked to the previous post on powder coating but I'm wanting a nice untreated finish and wondered if anyone had gone for a simple bead blasting and whether it presents and problems to the mating surfaces etc. Also in removing and replacing are any new gaskets or seals needed
Ideally you want vapor blasting using ceramic media. This will give the best finish.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Impressive, just had a quick google search and found a place only a couple of miles from me